Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BHAA Teachers XC 9th October

• 02-10-2010 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

So who is running this. First real race for me this year and hoping to give it a bit of a lash.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Undecided at this point. Plan was to do another long run next weekend but might push that to Sunday and race this. Really looking forward to XC season, had a great time doing these races last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Silly question perhaps but why is this called "...teachers XC"? Is it organised by teachers or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Silly question perhaps but why is this called "...teachers XC"? Is it organised by teachers or what?

Yep teachers (one actually) from castleknock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

xebec wrote: »
    Undecided at this point. Plan was to do another long run next weekend but might push that to Sunday and race this. Really looking forward to XC season, had a great time doing these races last year.

If your doing the marathon maybe skip this one and get your last long run in, don't want to end up injured ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Hope to make this one. A come back of sorts maybe :eek:.
    Just going to use it as a training run and hopefully make up a team if the leg holds for the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭itsalltrue

hope to do this, ran it last year and it was very well organised.
    i ran my last lsr yesterday in prep for DCM so i'm feeling good. Will run around 14 miles on sunday as part of my tapering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

I am planning to give it a shot as well. First fast run since I got injured so will be more than a tempo run than a flat-out effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭Peckham

Can't wait to get stuck into BHAA XC, but it won't be this race unfortunately. Doing this two weeks post-Berlin, and two weeks pre-Dublin might not be the best plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Wexican

Planning on doing this. It will be my first ever BHAA and XC race. Can always leave my LSR to Sunday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Very unseasonal XC weather predicted for Saturday - very warm and dry:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Burgman

A very nice race today. Ground was firm. I didn't wear spikes. There was a bit of wind but it went well. Organisation was top class. Great spread of food afterwards. Results were ready and prizes presented at 12.30pm after an 11.00am start. Can fault anything about this really. Over 210 starters I hear, about 70 up on last year. Well deserved. Pity that the Simon race was moved from the Sunday last year and this year. Another great day out from the teachers, students at Castleknock College and the BHAA. Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

No mud or freezing rain this morning, very uncharacteristic XC conditions:). Nice start to the season. Dipped under the 27mins but made a bit of a mess with my pacing - lesson learned for the rest of the season.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Enjoyed todays race, The organisation was top class, the selection of food afterwards was excellent, Went off to fast 1st mile paid the price on the 3rd mile bring on the beach race...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Caprica

Very enjoyable race today. Nice course, good conditions, I wore the spikes but flats would have been fine but there was a bit of a wind. Excellent organisation and never seen as much food, went back for a second helping of sausages and chicken goujons.

Roll on the marathon and beach race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭plodder

Great race (as usual). I did a warmup lap and figured normal trainers would be fine. Ground was pretty firm. Had to leave early, just as the saussies were coming out. Grabbed a few slices of brack though.

I had a 16 seconds difference between my garmin time and my official finishing time, My garmin time has me running quicker ?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/52246595

Advertisement