Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom download speed Limited

• 02-10-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Today I was trying to play Call of Duty on the Xbox but I couldn't play, so I decided to do a speed test about 4-5 times with the same download speed being :
    975580914.png

My router is showing:
    3072/384 (kbps)
    28/12 dB

^ I don't know what that means.

Speedtest was connecting me to a Net1 server in Dundalk, but I tried the Fastcom Broadband with the same results as above.

So what is the problem??

(I am on a 3MB Non-NGB package)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Congestion.

No problems showing with your line or sync rate, so it could be a simple case of too many users and not enough bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

The problem seems to be fixed.

There is only 2 people in the house that uses the internet. My father and myself.

He only goes on the likes of RTE/Sky/UTV News and
    I was only on Teamspeak, Xchat, and Chrome. I have been using those same programs for a few months now and I have never had a problem before :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The congestion isn't in your house, it's on eircom's network. It's completely outside your control.

Ah right.

Well, it just went down again about 20 minutes ago :(

Are we back to the same situation that we are having from christmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 39 NBCPass

I'm having similar problems all day with Eircom, hoping they will have it sorted tomorrow evening when I get home from college. If they don't then I will have to ring them and listen to all the same nonsense they read out of their "Broadband Troubleshooting manual" everytime I call....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

VampiricPadraig , join the club mate,same for me every evening after 6pm the past 6 months.

This is annoying me now:

We were promised that NGB would be in Monaghan by the end of the week.

1000859993.png

BULL!

I am so sick of them now. I am not switching from them because if eircom can't provide a decent service directly, what chances do I have with the likes of imagine and upc or utv or any of them.

I was trying to download a .doc file that my tutor had sent me...it took 10 minutes to download it!!!

*screams*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

Hey guys.

Today I was trying to play Call of Duty on the Xbox but I couldn't play, so I decided to do a speed test about 4-5 times with the same download speed being :
    975580914.png

My router is showing:
    3072/384 (kbps)
    28/12 dB

^ I don't know what that means.

Speedtest was connecting me to a Net1 server in Dundalk, but I tried the Fastcom Broadband with the same results as above.

So what is the problem??

(I am on a 3MB Non-NGB package)
    Im also on 3mb non NGB package in co meath and mine was fine wednesday but on thursday mine stat change from 24/14 3078\384kpbs to 25\15 1100\384kps paying for 3mb not 1mb like what happen

Advertisement