Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accrington Stanley, who are they?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Exactly !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

mixednuts wrote: »
    Exactly !
    Awwwh, I wanted to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just because one person says it doesn't mean you can't say it ;).

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Really, who gives a shite tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

cson wrote: »
    Really, who gives a shite tbh.

Fans who actually take an interest in the sport outside the X Factor-like entertainment for the masses of the Premier League, I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Columbia wrote: »
    Fans who actually take an interest in the sport outside the X Factor-like entertainment for the masses of the Premier League, I imagine.

To be fair, i would suggest it was more an excuse to post the old Milk advert really. Although Cson's post does sum up the attitude of a lot of this forum lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Except the ad is actually a (light-hearted) jibe at Accrington Stanley; fondly remembered by supporters of Premiership club and no doubt annoys the tits of AS supporters. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Eirebear wrote: »
    To be fair, i would suggest it was more an excuse to post the old Milk advert really. Although Cson's post does sum up the attitude of a lot of this forum lately.

It's a pity. Boards apparently have adopted Go Ahead Eagles as their team to support and nobody seems to care that they won 8-0 yesterday. What's the point in the sub-forum really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Should this not be in the Accrington Stanley Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

fullstop wrote: »
    Should this not be in the Accrington Stanley Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours thread?
    :pac: Post of the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

11 goals in one game. Sounds like a right cracker of a game.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

8-10 wrote: »
    It's a pity. Boards apparently have adopted Go Ahead Eagles as their team to support and nobody seems to care that they won 8-0 yesterday. What's the point in the sub-forum really?

Sunshine supporters, the same ones who didn't shed a tear when we lost the play-offs last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sunshine supporters, the same ones who didn't shed a tear when we lost the play-offs last year.
    At this stage GAE should have a superthread, not a sub forum.

Accrington too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Who do you support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Me and my Dad began jokingly supporting Accrington a few years ago, but I've genuinely become quite into them lately!

They're actually playing really well. Held Torquay (one of the league favourites) to a 0-0 not long ago, away from home, and up until yesterday, had a brilliant defensive record. I usually bet on their games and they've won me a few quid lately. (They were 13/10 yesterday, if anyone's curious).

Also put money on them to be promoted at 14/1 a while ago, just for the fun.

I'm really starting to love them!

Advertisement