Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My new SV650

• 02-10-2010 5:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

My new SV.

Pulls like a train, sounds amazing and sometimes spits flames out the back. Think she's running a bit rich, only a small bit though. GSXR600 rec/reg, so should be fine all through winter. Came with a packed A4 folder full of service history and MOT forms.

b17f823b.jpg
    759e590d.jpg
    78415b19.jpg

:)

Also, fail moderation PC

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

JEasus Kami you'll really live up to your username on that thing. You were mad enough on your last yoke ;) I've driven an SV650 - great bikes, but a massive temptation to rag it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Zascar wrote: »
    JEasus Kami you'll really live up to your username on that thing. You were mad enough on your last yoke ;) I've driven an SV650 - great bikes, but a massive temptation to rag it...

Ah man tell me about it... Loving the Vtwin motor though.

Only getting 80 miles to a tank, although to be fair I've not stopped ragging it since it got it. On the plus side it pulls like fuuuuuck to well past 200k and will power wheelie all through 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Ah man tell me about it... Loving the Vtwin motor though.

Only getting 80 miles to a tank, although to be fair I've not stopped ragging it since it got it. On the plus side it pulls like fuuuuuck to well past 200k and will power wheelie all through 1st

I feel like giving the new mod a job, so PC, feel free to split this into a new thread ;)

Kami, Congrats on the SV. Post up a pic or two. Is it restricted or full power? I loved mine when I had it so if you want any pointers feel free to ask (I upgraded the front suspension but didn't go so far as the entire Gixxer front end)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Oh the controversy. Ironically enough it all kicks off just as my 30 day ban is lifted. Ah well, at least the fella that banned me ain't a mod anymore.

P.S. Just got an SV650, try keeping up with me now ya gimp :p

Pics!

Oh, and you know I will be able to keep up. :p

SV's are good bikes, good choice.

Oh, and congrates on getting the 'Pinky' - well done! :D

nereid wrote: »
    I feel like giving the new mod a job, so PC, feel free to split this into a new thread ;)

Done!

Right, now I need to go and watch Leinster beat Munster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

cool bike, best of luck kami

I'd look into getting a fender extender, I believe the front plug on the sv's are prone to getting waterlogged

Wossack wrote: »
    cool bike, best of luck kami

I'd look into getting a fender extender, I believe the front plug on the sv's are prone to getting waterlogged

Yup, there's one being ordered this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

great bike, same as myself :D

good call getting rid of that horrible frame hangin off the back, grab a belly pan now and ur laughing!

Well the SV went off to a new home last night.

R6 time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Good plan! Happy shopping :)

• Advertisement

Well the SV went off to a new home last night.

R6 time :)

You only had the SV a few days.

Have you found a R6 yet?

P.C. wrote: »
    You only had the SV a few days.

Have you found a R6 yet?

Provisionally yes.

'00 model, steering damper, double bubble, sports can etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nice one. pix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Provisionally yes.

'00 model, steering damper, double bubble, sports can etc.

you'll miss the Vtwin...

I miss my sv something terrible lol

Nice one. pix?

Should have some this weekend...
    jameshayes wrote: »
    you'll miss the Vtwin...

I miss my sv something terrible lol

Yea I'd say so, but the R6 is a better ride overall...

Should have some this weekend...

Yea I'd say so, but the R6 is a better ride overall...

thats what i was thinking when i got the 600rr but i still miss the vtwin...

Is there really that much of a difference? I've only ever had a twin, what's the difference exactly?

Plus the SV was a thirsty fvcker the way I ride, 80 miles to a full tank :(

Is there really that much of a difference? I've only ever had a twin, what's the difference exactly?

the power delivery is a lot different, when your riding a twin it feels like you could drive through a wall and come out the other side... then on an inline 4 it's just different, doesn't feel like your going fast and you miss the low rev grunt...

When you first drive a inline 4 it feels like your are revving it to bits because the rev's go all the way to 17k....

The difference between Vtwin and I4 is kinda like the difference between 4stroke and 2stroke :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

and there going back up in value now that there becoming a rare thing,last of the pre injection bikes:),

and there going back up in value now that there becoming a rare thing,last of the pre injection bikes:),

Yea I got a good price for mine, made a few hundred from the cost of buying & importing it from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

good bike all round,gettin the valve clearences done on me own this wkend as there overdue:rolleyes:,might bring the petrol consumption back to a bit of normality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Grand yokes them. some thump outta em.

Roll on Saturday, going to look at an R6 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

seanybiker wrote: »

Alright Sean, haven't seen much of you recently!

seanybiker wrote: »
    RosieJoe wrote: »
    Alright Sean, haven't seen much of you recently!

Good to know you are still around Sean.

Advertisement