Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothes dryer / condence

Options
  • 02-10-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi all, dont really post here so this would probly be my second or so post to go up.

can someone please tell me why my dryer keeps triping the mains!!

was working perfect and then just started triping! changed fuse and still the same, at certain times it will work for so long aswell b4 it trips again

any help please would be greatly appreciated

vectrahed.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

vectrahed wrote: »
    Hi all, dont really post here so this would probly be my second or so post to go up.

can someone please tell me why my dryer keeps triping the mains!!

was working perfect and then just started triping! changed fuse and still the same, at certain times it will work for so long aswell b4 it trips again

any help please would be greatly appreciated

vectrahed.

Is it knocking off every socket in the house? What fuse did you replace. Is your fusebord the old fuseboard type or its the dryer plug fuse you replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

Hi,, yes its knocking all the power in the house out and im not to sure but i dont think its that old of an fuse board! have replaced the fuse in the plug with the same type of fuse 13 amp

Hi,, yes its knocking all the power in the house out and im not to sure but i dont think its that old of an fuse board! have replaced the fuse in the plug with the same type of fuse 13 amp

Knocking all the sockets off id say you mean. Thats the RCD tripping due to some sort of earth fault in the dryer.

It is often caused by water leaking onto electrical connections or possibly the heating element gone faulty. A condensing type dryer is more likely to have water problems more than a vented one maybe, but anyway its an earth fault in the machine somewhere, need to get it looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

thanks for the replys robbie,, i should have also mentioned that day before yestarday it was working for bout 30 mins before it knocked the sockets out but other times it happens straight away

thanks for the replys robbie,, i should have also mentioned that day before yestarday it was working for bout 30 mins before it knocked the sockets out but other times it happens straight away

Its one of those hard ones to say what it is without actually testing but being intermittent is usually dampness or moisture within the appliance, or heating element on its way out. Electrical problems within the socket circuit itself such as a neutral earth short can cause it also, but in this case its probably the dryer. Was the dryer plug fuse blowing?
    If it was then its more likely the element nearly gone or wiring touching the frame of machine etc but there are lots of things that can cause RCD`s to trip as they are very sensitive to earth faults.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

I recall seeing a condensor dryer with the collection container on the top of the machine, the hose had got pulled from the connection at the back resulting in water dripping onto the element. (I think that there was an option of connecting it direct to a drain, hence the exposed pipe)

This might explain the intermittant tripping?

Advertisement