Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

His vis vests are no substitutes for lights.

• 02-10-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

I see people all donned up in his-vis with no lights all the time. It's really stupid and more importantly it's not very chic. Get a set of cateyes FFS!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Even cheap lights would be better than nothing, and the cheap ones can be very cheap and surprisingly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

I craic up at the genii who go out and get one light, red, and stick it on the handlebars. as forest gump said, stupid is as stupid does. Darwin awards thataway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

just on way home from lithuania and in last few hours ive seen 1 guy on road bike all black gear at dusk no lights or high viz jacket. Hour later driving dark unlite badly surfaced main road into vilnius another cyclist all in black witha tiny red light and last night 3 lads cycling on busy footpath no lights or jackets either. Some people really are idiots with a death wish and not just in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

when the high vis vests came out first i remember going to my usual friday night session in a friend's house way out in the sticks, anyway going round a nasty bit of a bend i met this cyclist coming towards me wearing his high vis ,not knowing what it was it scared the be jesus out of me :eek: he lit up like a green devil when my head lights hit him :D:D
    ah well guess you had to be there:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Not forgetting that hi vis is also unforgivably ugly...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,500 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

As an experiment a few winters ago I rode with a exposure joystick (240 lumen), a exposure strada(480 lumen) and a max daddy(960 lumen). I even stuck on some cateyes as well. Unsurprisingly made no difference motorists still didn't "see me" - why? because they didn't look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    As an experiment a few winters ago I rode with a exposure joystick (240 lumen), a exposure strada(480 lumen) and a max daddy(960 lumen). I even stuck on some cateyes as well. Unsurprisingly made no difference motorists still didn't "see me" - why? because they didn't look.

I think completely unlit roads are better than street lit roads, motorists drive on lit roads in a daze at night imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

That's why flashing lights are a must in a city. Even from a pedestrian's perspective, much easier see a bike coming with a flashing light than a green vest.

Advertisement