Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cake for joint 60/30 ieth

Options
  • 02-10-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

hi,
    Im planing on baking a cake for a joint 60/30ieth. but im unsure of what designs. i want to make a mad cake but not sure where to get ideas for the design of the cake. Anyone got any ideas, or know where to look. I've never done this before but how hard can it be right? im planning on spending 2 whole days making this cake, that should be enough time right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What do they both like, can you take inspiration from any hobbies etc? If not maybe think of what you think you'd like to do, or any ideas you have yourself and just get googling, there are millions of photos of cakes out there.

Are both people related? There must be some common ground or theme on which to base the design.

I would say 2 days would be enough, it's not too much and not too little.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

how about two sizes.... two halves .... based proportionally on age/height.

maybe make a building !!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

I totally agree with Spadina, usually it's best to incorporate something particular to the person into the cake. I use www.cakecentral.com for searching images of cakes - some very good cake designs on this. 2 days is perfect, but make sure that you have decided on the cake size well in advance and make sure you have everything you need like the correct size cake board, enough icing, colours, are you doing one large cake or more than one tier.

Advertisement