Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting post

Options
  • 02-10-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its the same thing in cork as galway, where if you order a large enough package you have to go off and collect it?

I want to order something of the internet and i cant imagine the post man carrying it around. Its nothing massively big, just a book. The same size as the guiness world records book.

So if i do have to collect it, where do i pick it up? Or would i be better off sending it home where the post man can deliver it and i pick it up myself the next time im home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Does anyone know if its the same thing in cork as galway, where if you order a large enough package you have to go off and collect it?

I want to order something of the internet and i cant imagine the post man carrying it around. Its nothing massively big, just a book. The same size as the guiness world records book.

So if i do have to collect it, where do i pick it up? Or would i be better off sending it home where the post man can deliver it and i pick it up myself the next time im home?

AFAIK you only need to collect stuff if nobody at home when the postman arrives and its too big to fit in the letter box.. ive never heard of any restriction that mean a book wouldnt be delivered..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

corkcomp is right. If your parcel is not delivered (for the reasons corkcomp mentioned) then you will have to pick it up from the sorting office in Togher.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

As above - Size does not matter ........

Most small/medium size packages are delivered via the postman.
    Larger items are delivered via a Van service (like the An Post SDS was)
    If someone is in it will be delivered, if it wont fit through the letter box and no-one is home you will get a note to say where and when to collect it (depends on where u live in cork)

Advertisement