Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kittens Dumped in Menlo

Options
  • 02-10-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

Page 17 Irish Daily Mirror - sorry not online as far as I can see.

At the end of last week, maybe around the 22nd or 23rd, someone dumped 3 kittens in Quarry Road Menlo.

Their back legs were tied with wire so tightly that it cut them to the bone. There were only 48 hours old. A local Vet battled to save them but their injuries were too severe.

They had suffered terribly.

Please PM me or contact the Guards if you have any information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Sorry I can't help but what a bunch of scumbags who did it. Unfortunately it's almost that time of year again and we'll probably hear of more instances of animal cruelty over the coming weeks:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

The story was in the Connacht and the City Tribunes and it absolutely breaks my heart. You can find a bit of the story here.

Seriously, anyone capable of doing that to kittens is probably just waiting to do something worse to a person. It's a scary thought that there is someone out there who could think up such a notion and then go through with it. Poor kittens never stood a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Discodog wrote: »
    Page 17 Irish Daily Mirror - sorry not online as far as I can see.

At the end of last week, maybe around the 22nd or 23rd, someone dumped 3 kittens in Quarry Road Menlo.

Their back legs were tied with wire so tightly that it cut them to the bone. There were only 48 hours old. A local Vet battled to save them but their injuries were too severe.

They had suffered terribly.

Please PM me or contact the Guards if you have any information.
    i posted the same on pets forum, was told it happend last week , i read a bit of it and lost my dinner ,couldnt read no more of it. they died . how could they live , guards would do nothing or could do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

this sent chills up my spine:mad::(

Im sorry I cant help you find out what scum did this. So wish I could adopt a little kitten right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I think the likelihood of catching anyone is very remote & whoever did this is capable of other abuse. I know the Vet & the nurses that tried so hard to save them. Despite being experienced they were devastated, not just at the condition of the kittens, but the thought that someone could do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Printed in the Mirror? Hmmm...
    Anyone know for sure it happened?

Absolutely & totally certain. The Vet & her staff wish that it hadn't - it ruined their weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Definitely happened and absolutely heartbreaking that there are people out there who could do that.
    There was a facebook group floating around also: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Galway-kitten-abusers/150008218370403?ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

THFC wrote: »
    Printed in the Mirror? Hmmm...
    Anyone know for sure it happened?

Definitely happened - heard about it on facebook from one of the groups I follow before the mirror article.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway -> Animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I know people are saying there's no way to catch who did this but they must have been relatively local...I'd imagine scum that would carry out an act like this wouldn't want to go too out of their way to get rid of kittens

Surely someone from the area would know if a neighbours cat was pregnant but then there's no sign of kittens?

The story had reached national media

As with most cases, I'm of the opinion that SOMEONE must know SOMETHING

These scumbags can't get away with this...they'll do the same or worse again:mad:

Oh I agree that someone knows & I would not be surprised if they do it again. This was much more than getting rid of kittens it was blatantly torturing them. The wire was twisted tight & only around their back legs so it would of been obvious that they were going to have slow agonising death.

It may of been on since birth, they were only 2 days old, as one kitten had lost a paw & with the others the wire had cut into the bone & become massively infected & necrotised .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

magentas wrote: »
    As with most cases, I'm of the opinion that SOMEONE must know SOMETHING

I completely agree with this. Animals and children aren't looked after in this country. Adults are. Adults afraid of what the neighbour would say and do if they knew that they were reported. (and i know someone of these people are scary and not reporting them is self survival but not all of them)

We need to make it more of an instant reaction when you see something thats harmful to animals or children that we report it straight away.

Advertisement