Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with skulls?

Options
  • 02-10-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Can someone explain 2 me what skulls are for in the Halo games, as in what do they do etc.? Feel like such a noob asking this but just never really paid them any attention b4. Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Dunno about reach but in Halo 3 they were collectibles you found in the game that could activate certain cheats or difficulty modifiers like making grunts explode confetti when you kill them or making them all throw a ton of grenades. In Halo 2 i think they were just easter eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

DubiousV wrote: »
    Can someone explain 2 me what skulls are for in the Halo games, as in what do they do etc.? Feel like such a noob asking this but just never really paid them any attention b4. Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

In Halo 3, ODST and Reach, you can activate skulls in the campaign lobby for the game. Each skull has an effect on gameplay, such as altering the enemies or making ammo rarer. In return, they offer bonus points in your campaign score in the form of multipliers.
    ODST and Reach have skulls unlocked from the start, but in Halo 3 you must first find and collect the skull in campaign once beforehand.

Headhunter and Oddball in Reach also use skulls, but they are self explanatory. Halo is obsessed with skulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DubiousV

Thanks very much guys, that clears it up a bit alright! I gather that in reach it's datapads ur looking for as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

DubiousV wrote: »
    Thanks very much guys, that clears it up a bit alright! I gather that in reach it's datapads ur looking for as well.
    datapads? i dont recall an achievement for finding datapads?

Adam wrote: »
    datapads? i dont recall an achievement for finding datapads?

Nope no achievements its more for those completionist among us and apparently they are a bitch to find

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nope no achievements its more for those completionist among us and apparently they are a bitch to find
    but how do you know where they are/how many there are/does it keep a record anywhere?

Adam wrote: »
    but how do you know where they are/how many there are/does it keep a record anywhere?

Ive no idea cus i havent found any yet :P, try ign or some site for more info

Advertisement