Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TF2 Trading Thread

Options
  • 02-10-2010 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

Post items you want to trade and what you want in return, with a link to your backpack

Have: Wrangler, Sandvich and Huntsman (all vintage)
    Want: Paint or Name Tag

http://www.tf2items.com/id/VenomIreland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

This is probably better suited to the Half Life forum, which is pretty much an "all things Valve" forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im confused, wheres the micro-drm outrage? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

€18 for a virtual crocodile hat! Who would be bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

That's the only thing I dislike about the update, stuff costs 5 times as much as it should.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

€18 for a virtual crocodile hat! Who would be bothered?

I have seen people willing to pay €25+ for a hat. I would be reluctant to pay that for a real hat! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Seemed to be a load of new (better) weapons too, are those bought with real money, or unlocked as previously?

All weapons can be dropped as previously.

Everything but two cans of paint and keys can drop IIRC.

Want: Your Eternal Reward
    Have: Check Backpack, will trade anything but sandvich, black box, battalion's back up and hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Everyone else getting a crap load of crates? are they even worth trading other items for?

some people will trade for them, they cost €2.50 to unlock though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

some people will trade for them, they cost €2.50 to unlock though.

Hang on. Someone sends you a crate and then you have to pay to unlock it?

Yep, keys don't drop, one of the other "that's bull****"'s of this update.

Hang on. Someone sends you a crate and then you have to pay to unlock it?
    whaaaaat....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's all kind of bull****. Been shocked by the prices they're charging too, absolute rip-off. I went into the store intending to buy a few things - novelty crap mostly - but at €18 for a hat they can get the boat.

If stuff was 1/5th the price it would seem fair.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You know, if someone created a website specifically designed for TF2 trading they could receive a whole lot of traffic . . .

There actually is a site about TF2 Trading: http://www.tf2items.com
    it also has a backpack viewer and crafting templates.

I'd rather trade with people I "know" though, that way I'm much more likely to actually get offered what I want for an item and there'd be less timewasters.

You know, if someone created a website specifically designed for TF2 trading they could receive a whole lot of traffic . . .
    Seriously. Playing TF2 is like firing a weapon while you run around Stormwind:

Mr. Twisty (Team): Spy!
    JoJank: Anybody have the Vintage modest pile of hat?
    Atten (Team): Medic!
    Overheal: WTB Primordial Saronite, 500g. Pst.

edit: Cool site but reminding people DO NOT register with your Steam ID and same password as your login. New website = Vulnerable = Rich target.

tf2items has been in operation for a while Overheal, it's not new.

I'mma go change my pass anyway.

Yeah, the site has been around for sometime . . . although I don't think Valve & drunken f00l (the guy that runs the site) are at their height of good relations . . . ;)

I'm like yourself Venom - Ill just trade with the people I know. People should be weary of trading with complete strangers also . . . plenty of people have been scammed already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Can you trade stuff like metal??

As far as I am aware all items are trade-able, except for those you purchase via the store alongside Valve special items & community contributor items.

As far as I am aware all items are trade-able, except for those you purchase via the store alongside Valve special items & community contributor items.

And achievement items.

Advertisement