Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA newbies: How are you adjusting?

Options
  • 02-10-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Basically I've a PES man for the last 4 or 5 years. This year I bit the bullet and switched to FIFA.

I've started on professional level doing a career mode with Shamrock Rovers. I'm liking many aspects of the gameplay so far but I'm struggling to really test the goalkeeper properly. Getting there though, it's rare I score more than one goal in a game even though I tend to dominate.

Anyone else back to FIFA this year from a pro evo background?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It's an awful lot harder to get past the defence this year than the past few years, imo. It tends to be a lot harder with LoI teams, imo, cause they're slower

TBH you'd be better off playing L1 players online then playing the AI above Amateur, even on semi-pro they're hard to break down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I think I went twenty matches or so without scoring a goal on amatuer playing as united in PL :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

ntlbell wrote: »
    I think I went twenty matches or so without scoring a goal on amatuer playing as united in PL :o:o
    Keep the faith :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Voltwad wrote: »
    Keep the faith :pac:

It was on pro :mad::mad:

still :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I think I am the worst FIFA 11 player in Ireland. I keep getting my centre halves sent off :mad:

And whenever I'm running forward with my attackers they're so easily dispossessed. Whats the buttons for the flick thing to get it past them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm also getting an unreal amount of players sent off.

I'll admit I'm not the cleanest of players, but it's ridiculous how easy it is to get 2 yellows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 butcherchap

its not easy unless you sliding in recklessly

i honestly think you need a footballing brain to play this kinda game well

but then again i come across glitch style players in 2010 alot more then i like, there was tactics to scoring, i think they have kinda avoided that (so i can see so far)

but as in reality you dont wanna need to dive in, the best way to defend is stand off and try read the game as much as possible, knowing when to call a defender etc, im good at reading the game most the time, i rarely get booked

slide tackles should be rare and maybe even worth a red if you gotta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

i honestly think you need a footballing brain to play this kinda game well

That's it in a nutshell!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Try messing about with different formations lads. Helps a bit. Still a difficult game but it's a good challenge.

I'm playing with Newcastle in manager mode and I'm getting bossed trying to play in the centre. From experience, I've found that speedy wingers can really help with a big striker in the middle.

More often than not I've scored more goals from crosses than in one on one situations.

I've only really played with Newcastle at the moment but I played Chelsea in my last game and with the players they have, it seems a lot easier to play through the centre because they're big and strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'm having awful trouble with the defense too, barely able to score a goal in any LoI games.

Scoring 1 on 1s is a LOT harder now, (last fifa I played a lot was 09 - and my created player killed any keepers in 1 on 1s.)

Playing as ucd at the mo in manager mode and got killed in all the pre season friendlies. as they were all much better teams.

Advertisement