Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've decided to support the Taliban and Afghan resistance

• 02-10-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I think all progressive people should hope the Afghan resistance forces kill and drive out the occupying Nato forces. While I understand people are uncomfortable supporting Afghan resistance because elements of it have links to fundamentalist islam, in a global sense their victory is desireable. It would be a bloody nose for aggressive imperialism and make the US and their dogs think twice before starting new wars. It is foolish to believe that bloodthirsty and imperialistic atheism and chritianity is preferable to islam.

People say the taliban are animals but there is no evidence they would be any worse for Afghanis than the imperialist occupiers. The Americans don't give a damn abour rights for women or gays. If they cared about women and gays they wouldn't be bombing them and killing hundreds and thousands of them. Most of the young lads in the taliban are just nationalists who want the invaders and murderers out. It's not about religion. It's about American imperialism Vs nationalistic resistance. Similar to Vietnam in many ways and it is a positive thing the yankee dogs were driven out of there. All good people should support Afghan nationalists fighting to drive out the mercenaries and carpet baggers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good luck with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

McDougal wrote: »

People say the taliban are animals but there is no evidence

I think you'll find they are terrorists dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

You should actually add a poll on whether people would prefer to live under imperialist occupiers or the taliban. Know which one I'd choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Your name is Dougal, it fits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

Disagree with everything. But won't dispel energy to argue. Knackered. Just know.. I am in disagreement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

would you ever go and ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I think all progressive people should hope the Afghan resistance forces kill and drive out the occupying Nato forces. While I understand people are uncomfortable supporting Afghan resistance because elements of it have links to fundamentalist islam, in a global sense their victory is desireable. It would be a bloody nose for aggressive imperialism and make the US and their dogs think twice before starting new wars. It is foolish to believe that bloodthirsty and imperialistic atheism and chritianity is preferable to islam.

People say the taliban are animals but there is no evidence they would be any worse for Afghanis than the imperialist occupiers. The Americans don't give a damn abour rights for women or gays. If they cared about women and gays they wouldn't be bombing them and killing hundreds and thousands of them. Most of the young lads in the taliban are just nationalists who want the invaders and murderers out. It's not about religion. It's about American imperialism Vs nationalistic resistance. Similar to Vietnam in many ways and it is a positive thing the yankee dogs were driven out of there. All good people should support Afghan nationalists fighting to drive out the mercenaries and carpet baggers.

So are you gonna go to Afghanistan and join them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Trade in your water bed for a water board and get some practice in, the CIA will be around in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

It is foolish to believe that bloodthirsty and imperialistic atheism and chritianity is preferable to islam.

Why?
    Much rather live under the American umbrella than the world ruled by some Taliban style regime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

So are you gonna go to Afghanistan and join them?

Maybe you can just buy a t-shirt or something. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I've decided to support the Taliban and Afghan resistance

The Taliban and Scientology.
    It's true, they will let anyone join these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Well don't just be another keyboard Warrior then OP. Convert to Islam and head to Pakistan to join up with the Taliban there to fight the Imperialist Aggressors.

You can join that other Irish supporter of the Taliban, Khalid Kelly. He's the guy who wants a Caliphate across Europe and wants Ireland to be run under the law of Sharia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

:rolleyes:

Sad, just sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Off you go to Affie then bud.

When you get the whing of lead flying fast around your lughole , you might change your tune:D

Good man, the world needs more like you:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Good man, more power to you.

Now, would you ever head out and say that in the real world, so someone can punch ya in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

While I am no supporter of America's foreign policy I have to say that I disagree with your comment OP. What you're doing is trying to justify the Taliban and Al Queda's motives, by making them out to be victims, which they are not. If I remember correctly, this all started when a madman decided it would be cool to have some planes fly into some key American establishments such as the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. In what way were the Americans demonstrating imperialism when that happened eh?

What has arisen over the last 9 years since 9/11 has been a bloody conflict that has seen America and NATO trying to restablise the country, from groups who would do a lot worse then America. There is no real basis to believe that it has anything to do with imperialism, and to support the Taliban is just down right idiotic. Plus there is plenty of evidense to prove the Taliban are animals so that pretty much makes your opinion wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

............. It is foolish to believe that bloodthirsty and imperialistic atheism and chritianity is preferable to islam.

Just as a matter of interest, what religion were the Ottomans and the Moghuls?

People say the taliban are animals but there is no evidence

I was going to copy/paste and add a link about how the Taliban came into power and turned the national soccer stadium into a execution pit for moral crimes (just about everything and anything), banned music, art, dancing, television, just about everything and anything, but then i thought why bother, your obviously a bitter twisted little spanner who has nothing to offer except hiding behind a keyboard, I actually pity you and your upbringing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You don't need to show them your support in order to demonstrate your disagreement to the occupation of their land.. the reason they are fighting so aggresively to remove the occupying forces is not because they want freedom for the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

FAIR PLAY TO YOU

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, what religion were the Ottomans

Sofa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

How have you decided to support them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Beard ,Koran;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Dear OP, the enemy of your enemy is NOT always your friend!
    ...But life experience, historical education and time will teach you that - but I suspect your just young!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

seven-iron wrote: »
    I think you'll find they are terrorists dude

So if America invades your country and you resist you are a terrorist? Aye great logic:rolleyes:
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    While I am no supporter of America's foreign policy I have to say that I disagree with your comment OP. What you're doing is trying to justify the Taliban and Al Queda's motives, by making them out to be victims, which they are not. If I remember correctly, this all started when a madman decided it would be cool to have some planes fly into some key American establishments such as the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. In what way were the Americans demonstrating imperialism when that happened eh?

What has arisen over the last 9 years since 9/11 has been a bloody conflict that has seen America and NATO trying to restablise the country, from groups who would do a lot worse then America. There is no real basis to believe that it has anything to do with imperialism, and to support the Taliban is just down right idiotic. Plus there is plenty of evidense to prove the Taliban are animals so that pretty much makes your opinion wrong.

You don't know what you are talking about

Al Queda and the taliban are not the same organisation. In fact there is no Al Queada in Afghanistan at the moment. Read up a bit.
    The Aussie wrote: »
    I was going to copy/paste and add a link about how the Taliban came into power and turned the national soccer stadium into a execution pit for moral crimes (just about everything and anything), banned music, art, dancing, television, just about everything and anything, but then i thought why bother, your obviously a bitter twisted little spanner who has nothing to offer except hiding behind a keyboard, I actually pity you and your upbringing.

So because the taliban executed people we should support fighter jets dropping cluster bombs on villagers?

By your user name that is to be expected. The Australians have a long history of proudly serving as cannon fodder for Brittish imperial interests. Your nations proudest moment is invading Turkey in 1915 and young men dying for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68262686#post68262686
    ??? wrote: »
    All American culture should be banned. It's evil and soils the minds of our young people.

Now I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, when you reach 18 you'll realise that the ideal stance to have if you're a humanitarian is not to support ANY organisation that represses others, and you don't have to support one just because you don't support the other. You have suggested reading up, do a bit of reading up yourself on just how evil the Taliban is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

A rambling post on an Irish message board. Maybe a blog post later on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

your damn right , the aghans should be left alone, but it seems western ( anglo saxon ) eyes have been on their land since the brits ( who else ) attempted to invade it in the late 1800's..

the US and allied forces destroyed the taliban and al qaeda elements in the first few weeks of war and guess what they are still there and in my opinion heroin made a spectacular comeback at least to ireland after the war began..

the afghan government is up to its neck in corruption and drugs..

the US occupation of afghanistan be akin to the brits invading the island of ireland after canary wharf etc

the US are the terrorists here , a few assholes caused 9/11 ( very well planned for so called terror cells ) not a whole nation of distinct and varying peoples..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

So if America invades your country and you resist you are a terrorist? Aye great logic:rolleyes:

Al Queda and the taliban are not the same organisation. In fact there is no Al Queada in Afghanistan at the moment. Read up a bit.

So because the taliban executed people we should support fighter jets dropping cluster bombs on villagers?

By your user name that is to be expected. The Australians have a long history of proudly serving as cannon fodder for Brittish imperial interests. Your nations proudest moment is invading Turkey in 1915 and young men dying for no reason.

I hear if they catch you spelling their name wrong they chop your lips off.

The Taliban got back to me about you McDougal.
    They said they're full up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

On reading your post the first thing that came to my mind was the famous beheading of a young woman whose alleged crime was adultery.

I oppose the Taliban who want girls to be thick thru opposing them to be educated, simple as. I happily see you in the battlefield OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yep. A lot of that about. Would you mind answering the question I put to you earlier about the Ottomans etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Support the Taliban? Wise up, OP! They're the most brutal and misogynistic regime on earth! They're even worse than the Third Reich. At least Hitler and his cronies didn't use religion to justify their atrocities. The Taliban do. The way they bastardise Islam to prop up their tyranny is beneath contempt.

DIE, TALIBAN! DIE!!! BURN IN HELL!!!

• Advertisement

So by replacing one form of oppression with another you are taking the moral high ground how, is that blatant hypocrisy or just naivety.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

THey were renamed to 'Opposing Force' by EA.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah, I think this belongs in here.

Taking on the USA, one Boards post at a time. OP, you are an hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

OP, your ability to read and write will automatically disqualify you from joining the taliban. You can grow a nice pubey looking beard and fill it with lice and knock out a few teeth but YOU'LL NEVER FIT IN !

gurramok wrote: »
    On reading your post the first thing that came to my mind was the famous beheading of a young woman whose alleged crime was adultery.

I oppose the Taliban who want girls to be thick thru opposing them to be educated, simple as. I happily see you in the battlefield OP.

So you believe killing women with clusters bombs is better than chopping heads off?

And of course I don't support that crap, I'm an athiest and oppose militant islam. You however support militant imperialism.

• Advertisement

The Aussie wrote: »
    So by replacing one form of oppression with another you are taking the moral high ground how, is that blatant hypocrisy or just naivety.

What oppression do I support? Supporting killing NATO soldiers in Afghanistan is not supporting oppression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

FYP

People say the tallaght band are animals but there is no evidence they would be any worse for Afghanis than the imperialist occupiers.

Course they would be worse for the Afghanis. The Afghanis don't have the natural rhythm necessary for marching music.

Most of the young lads in the tallaght band are just nationalists who want the invaders and murderers out. It's not about religion.

I dunno i think tallaght is not as bad as it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

What oppression do I support? Supporting killing NATO soldiers in Afghanistan is not supporting oppression.

What about the oppression the Taliban force on the people that have to live under their rule?

What about the oppression the Taliban force on the people that have to live under their rule?

The americans don't care about that. Karzai the current president and ally of the US is as bad as any taliban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So you believe killing women with clusters bombs is better than chopping heads off?

And of course I don't support that crap, I'm an athiest and oppose militant islam. You however support militant imperialism.

No i don't support those actions of bombing people. That does not justify chopping heads off girls just because they seek an education.

If you joined an Afghan secular organisation to resist foreign interference, i'd support you but you are not. You support a middle ages type freak organisation who believe in an extreme example of Islam where the rights of others who are not men are harshly brutalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

In before the CIA attach electrodes to the OP's testicles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Whoever thought invading Afghanistan was a great idea needs to be kicked around a room somewhere. NATO are never gong to win out there, guts of a decade now and they still just about control the main cities.

Here's how it will go down, in a few years time, they will leave Afghanistan, after talking to the Taliban and arranging a ceasefire, they will proclaim a victory for freedom and leave triumphant.

gurramok wrote: »
    No i don't support those actions of bombing people. That does not justify chopping heads off girls just because they seek an education.

If you joined an Afghan secular organisation to resist foreign interference, i'd support you but you are not. You support a middle ages type freak organisation who believe in an extreme example of Islam where the rights of others who are not men are harshly brutalised.

The taliban is a very broad resistance group. Many of its members don't give a damn if women wear veils or not. Of course the western media want you to think they are all monsters and rapists. It helps them sell the war to the plebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But those at the top do ensure women are systematically brutalised. And it's easy to tell the difference between stuff that's really happening, and propaganda.
    The americans don't care about that. Karzai the current president and ally of the US is as bad as any taliban.
    That doesn't answer the question you were asked.

Also if you're going to be going down the road of "So you believe x form of brutality is better than y form of brutality" you need to ask yourself that very question, seeing as you've announced your support for two brutal organisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

The taliban is a very broad resistance group. Many of its members don't give a damn if women wear veils or not. Of course the western media want you to think they are all monsters and rapists. It helps them sell the war to the plebs.
    I think you should hold off calling people plebs until you fully research the band of cuddle bunnies you wish to support.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement