Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've decided to support the Taliban and Afghan resistance

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

McDougal wrote: »
    So you believe killing women with clusters bombs is better than chopping heads off?

And of course I don't support that crap, I'm an athiest and oppose militant islam. You however support militant imperialism.

You oppose militant Islam but are willing to support the Taliban?

The genesis of the Taliban is Wahhabi Islamic teaching from Saudi - makes Baptist Fundamentalists in the United States look like depraved degenerates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

McDougal, I will pay your air fare, in fact I will accompany you to the Afghan border just to make sure you get there safe.

PM me your details and when you are available to go.

Ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The taliban is a very broad resistance group. Many of its members don't give a damn if women wear veils or not. Of course the western media want you to think they are all monsters and rapists. It helps them sell the war to the plebs.

Yeh right.:rolleyes: How broad are they, give us examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

Dudess wrote: »
    But those at the top do ensure women are systematically brutalised. And it's easy to tell the difference between stuff that's really happening, and propaganda.

That doesn't answer the question you were asked.

What's the question?

Do I support oppression of women? No I don't

Do I support Nato forces bombing women? No I don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well then don't support either group? You don't HAVE to support one you know...

The genesis of the Taliban is Wahhabi Islamic teaching from Saudi
    Now I just want sushi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

seven-iron wrote: »
    I think you'll find they are terrorists dude
    One man's terrorist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

The americans don't care about that. Karzai the current president and ally of the US is as bad as any taliban.

Maybe if the Taliban let him run the country instead of continuing their terror he'd be able to help turn Afghanistan into a better place. I don't see how returning the Taliban to power would do any good what so ever

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Do I support Nato forces bombing women? No I don't

How very chauvanistic of you. Only men can be terrorists?

Perhaps the women were the targets because they were involved in the insurgency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How have you decided to support them?

Fundraiser night in local bingo hall

gurramok wrote: »
    Yeh right.:rolleyes: How broad are they, give us examples.

I don't see what you have against a young goat farmer who takes up arms against the invaders. Are you saying every member of the resistance is mysoginistic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

OP, you do realise that most of the "taliban" are not Afghani nationalists.
    These days they are mostly from Pakistan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

How very chauvanistic of you. Only men can be terrorists?

Perhaps the women were the targets because they were involved in the insurgency?

Yes every villager murdered was a part of the insurgency

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Are you saying every member of the resistance is mysoginistic?

Nah, misogynistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Ladies and gentlemen I believe we have a tweaker.

Sticky Fingers, you do your name credit Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

OP, was that that inspired you?
    The study, obtained by Fox News, found that Pashtun men commonly have sex with other men, admire other men physically, have sexual relationships with boys and shun women both socially and sexually -- yet they completely reject the label of "homosexual." The research was conducted as part of a longstanding effort to better understand Afghan culture and improve Western interaction with the local people. ... n one instance, a group of local male interpreters had contracted gonorrhea anally but refused to believe they could have contracted it sexually -- "because they were not homosexuals."
    Apparently, according to the report, Pashtun men interpret the Islamic prohibition on homosexuality to mean they cannot "love" another man -- but that doesn't mean they can't use men for "sexual gratification." ...
    The report also detailed a disturbing practice in which older "men of status" keep young boys on hand for sexual relationships. One of the country's favorite sayings, the report said, is "women are for children, boys are for pleasure."
    http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/200715.php

:D

On a serious note, if I were to choose sides, I'd rather choose the one that doesn't sh*t in its own nest. I don't support the invasion of Afghanistan, but I'd rather live in the US than Afghanistan. But, what do I know, I'm a woman, which means I'd have been stoned years ago for being unable to obey men or recognise then as better gender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

How have you decided to support them?
    Raising money - beauty contest in the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I don't see what you have against a young goat farmer who takes up arms against the invaders. Are you saying every member of the resistance is mysoginistic?

You're pulling my leg. Actually that goat farmer would make a small fortune from growing a certain poppy.

Whats your view on denying girls an education?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The Americans don't give a damn abour rights for women or gays. If they cared about women and gays they wouldn't be bombing them and killing hundreds and thousands of them.

Eh? I don't recall a bombing campaign aimed at homosexuals and women led by the US military. Or god forbid, lesbians.

Worse than black ops. Pink ops. Shocking stuff.

How exactly will you be supporting the Taliban as a matter of interest. Are we talking full conversion and taking up arms, financial contributions, intelligence gathering? Maybe a beard?

Or are you just going to call Americans "yankee dogs"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭mcdoogle

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that this Mcdoogle is not represented by that Mcdougal! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

MarkR wrote: »

How exactly will you be supporting the Taliban as a matter of interest. Are we talking full conversion and taking up arms, financial contributions, intelligence gathering? Maybe a beard?

Or are you just going to call Americans "yankee dogs"?

Just ranting on the internet by the looks of things, the Americans must be ****ting themselves, probably organizing a withdrawal as we speak

brummytom wrote: »
    One man's terrorist...

is what McDougal will not make.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Now I just want sushi.
    Dammit!! Now I want sushi. :(

And I have a strange craving for Johnnie Walker Black... Mmmm

mcdoogle wrote: »
    I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that this Mcdoogle is not represented by that Mcdougal! :D

That's a good move, there are a ot of dyslexics in AH.

Wait

I have to think about that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

This country is sadly caught very much between a rock and a hard place. The Bush war creation and it’s legacy rolls on. Undoubtedly they are many Taliban fighting more out of disillusionment with the Karzai regime. Rather than any belief in an extreme ideology. Unfortunately, there are also many Taliban who adhere to this extreme ideology and God help Afghanistan if they re-impose this system again. It’s amazing though the hypocrisy at play here, recent elections were full of corruption and fraud. But of course the Americans needed their puppet to win, democracy when it suits them I think it's called. The poor Afghan civilians are the real losers, because neither side really has their best interests at heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Ladies and gentlemen I believe we have a tweaker.

Some gems previously posted by the OP:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68206571&postcount=351

Mr. Chrome, is that you? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I think all progressive people should hope the Afghan resistance forces kill and drive out the occupying Nato forces. While I understand people are uncomfortable supporting Afghan resistance because elements of it have links to fundamentalist islam, in a global sense their victory is desireable. It would be a bloody nose for aggressive imperialism and make the US and their dogs think twice before starting new wars. It is foolish to believe that bloodthirsty and imperialistic atheism and chritianity is preferable to islam.

People say the taliban are animals but there is no evidence they would be any worse for Afghanis than the imperialist occupiers. The Americans don't give a damn abour rights for women or gays. If they cared about women and gays they wouldn't be bombing them and killing hundreds and thousands of them. Most of the young lads in the taliban are just nationalists who want the invaders and murderers out. It's not about religion. It's about American imperialism Vs nationalistic resistance. Similar to Vietnam in many ways and it is a positive thing the yankee dogs were driven out of there. All good people should support Afghan nationalists fighting to drive out the mercenaries and carpet baggers.

The Taliban have targeted and killed more Afghani/Pakistani civilians than the Americans have.

How does walking into a mosque and blowing yourself up killing innocent muslims who went to a mosque to pray; help get the Americans out? For many Muslims, the Taliban and Al-Qaeda are a bigger enemy of Islam than the US Government or Army.

Now I just want sushi.

I have a tin of tuna, I could wrap it in a dock leaf and put some brown sauce on it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Now I just want sushi.

I knew I couldn't be the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Biggins wrote: »
    Dear OP, the enemy of your enemy is NOT always your friend!

Have you not seen the movie Predators? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

TheZohan wrote: »
    Have you not seen the movie Predators? :p
    Shush you! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

The Taliban and the Afghan resistance....... blah blah

The U.S ....blah...

I'm losing the will to answer any more of these threads....

Is there something in the drinking water of AH? :rolleyes:

I am currently:

Involved in talks re: Coup d'etat

Figuring out how to pay back the €12k I owe the country.

Looking at arses on Google Street View

Involved in talks re: Overthrowing the current government

Trying to re write a new Constitution for the Republic

Giving traffic lessons (parking trucks) for Leinster House

I'm kinda busy at the moment, just wouldn't have the time for this Taliban and Afghan malarkey..

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

OP is a troll

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

**RANDOM LEFTIE WAFFLE**

As other posters have said, the Taliban are medieval cavemen (literally in many cases) who deserve a missile up each and every one of their unwashed rear ends. Not sure if the liberation of Afghanistan s worth the deaths of so
    many troops but there's no doubt in my mind that were the Americans to win, it wouldn't be perfect but it would be a LOT better than Taliban hangings in football grounds, stonings and the actual real oppression of women (as opposed to McDougal's imaginary American repression of women).

JayeL wrote: »
    As other posters have said, the Taliban are medieval cavemen (literally in many cases) who deserve a missile up each and every one of their unwashed rear ends. Not sure if the liberation of Afghanistan s worth the deaths of so
    many troops but there's no doubt in my mind that were the Americans to win, it wouldn't be perfect but it would be a LOT better than Taliban hangings in football grounds, stonings and the actual real oppression of women (as opposed to McDougal's imaginary American repression of women).

So you support any civillisation conquering less developed ones?

So by your logic what the Spanish did to the Aztecs was right? Mussolini invading Abyssinnia was correct? The Chinese invading Tibet was right? All are examples of more advanced civillisations violently conquering more backward ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

So by your logic what the Spanish did to the Aztecs was right? Mussolini invading Abyssinnia was correct? The Chinese invading Tibet was right? All are examples of more advanced civillisations violently conquering more backward ones.

Is that a predator drone I hear overhead?

OP, maybe quit putting words in people's mouths, twisting the meaning of posts to suit your agenda, and only selecting bits of posts that suit your argument (and ignoring the rest)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

So by your logic what the Spanish did to the Aztecs was right? Mussolini invading Abyssinnia was correct? The Chinese invading Tibet was right? All are examples of more advanced civillisations violently conquering more backward ontes.
    Jesus OP, shouldn't you be in bed, I thought it was lights out in Saint Vincents at 10pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

With all the predator talk I'm going to re-read this thread while listening to this...

Jesus OP, shouldn't you be in bed, I thought it was lights out in Saint Vincents at 10pm.

Wow that's original

Was there anything good in The Sun today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Wow that's original

Was there anything good in The Sun today?

Here you go, a plane passes near your gaff

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3162208/Sensational-snap-of-plane-flying-across-moon.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

People say the taliban are animals but there is no evidence they would be any worse for Afghanis than the imperialist occupiers.
    Research that claim will you? You might just see that your blatantly wrong. You can start here, and then take this somewhat daring move.
    The Americans don't give a damn abour rights for women or gays. If they cared about women and gays they wouldn't be bombing them and killing hundreds and thousands of them.
    Key problem with this point, they were bombing indiscriminately, Which means they must be pretty keen on the oul equal rights as they'll happily blow up the women and gays as easily as they would straight men. Though I don't think that's what you meant, it was meant to be a clever verbalisation of the well known fact that America is a country lead by the whinging of the backwardly conservative? Believe me if you knew what you were talking about you would know they are the lesser of two evils
    Most of the young lads in the taliban are just nationalists who want the invaders and murderers out.
    You've met them yes?
    It's not about religion. It's about American imperialism Vs nationalistic resistance. Similar to Vietnam in many ways and it is a positive thing the yankee dogs were driven out of there. All good people should support Afghan nationalists fighting to drive out the mercenaries and carpet baggers.
    And the IRA are really a decent bunch of lads resisting those nasty bulldogs the only way possible, its nothing to do with misplaced beliefs (religious or otherwise) or even a taste for easy money at all... thats just the biased media up to its old tricks again.

• Advertisement

Research that claim will you? You might just see that your blatantly wrong. You can start here, and then take this somewhat daring move. Key problem with this point, they were bombing indiscriminately, Which means they must be pretty keen on the oul equal rights as they'll happily blow up the women and gays as easily as they would straight men. Though I don't think that's what you meant, it was meant to be a clever verbalisation of the well known fact that America is a country lead by the whinging of the backwardly conservative? Believe me if you knew what you were talking about you would know they are the lesser of two evils You've met them yes? And the IRA are really a decent bunch of lads resisting those nasty bulldogs the only way possible, its nothing to do with misplaced beliefs (religious or otherwise) or even a taste for easy money at all... thats just the biased media up to its old tricks again.

So you support the invasion and occupation of Afghanistan?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Whoever's round it is, mine's a pint of smithwicks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement