Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards range day

Options
  • 02-10-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

was off line for a few weeks did this ever happen?

tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

twas like a fart in a fan factory..
    Here one minute,gone the next..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

dwighet wrote: »
    twas like a fart in a fan factory..
    Here one minute,gone the next..

seriously......i thought this was a great idea and so did alot of people????????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    seriously......i thought this was a great idea and so did alot of people????????

Do you mean both of you's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

I thought it was a good idea too...
    It just fizzled out like a fart in a fan factory

clivej wrote: »
    Do you mean both of you's

alot of people expressed interest in at there was a poll for what day suited..... i think most suited day was the 28th of august

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

alot of people expressed interest in at there was a poll for what day suited..... i think most suited day was the 28th of august

I was there !!

I was there !!

i take it you mean you were in midlands that day?????

i take it you mean you were in midlands that day?????

Yeah, nobody else turned up!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I did follow the last thread to see how things turned out.

From my reckoning the problem was not the amount of lads that wanted to turn up or the date (as such) that was set. It was the fact that the Midlands was mentioned as being the best place to hold the event and it was taken for granted that everyone would turn up and shoot. I don't think anyone actually took the time to RING the midlands and enquire as to the possibility of this event taking place there.

If memory serves i also posted in the previous thread to the fact that taking for granted you can use the facilities without ringing, meeting the lads, care staff, etc was going to be a non runner from the start. Also no-one took into account the fact that the midlands also host many other competitions, events, etc and the date picked by all the lads here may/would not have suited the range. Then there is the simple courtesy of informing the range you intend to shoot at so they may prepare by calling in all ROs to run the day, and prepare the range as many lads shooting many disciplines takes a huge effort. Then the other factors for the range is the putting out of regular members. 50/60/70 lads turning up to shoot (regardless of discipline) could quite literally take over a certain range(s) for the day. Not to mention the issues of insurance, shooters ability to shoot safely, follow range rules.

These are not factors solely tied to the midlands, but are factors that any range would have to consider before allowing such an event to take place.

Moral of the story, while the event may or may not be a good idea the first thing anyone trying to organise it should consider is which range will accomodate them and then work on dates, numbers attending, disciplines and any entertainment after. Keep in constant contact with the range in question and then in plenty of time give a minimum attendance number with a small margin for late comers, lads turning up on the day unannounced and no shows.

just my opinion, take it as you will.

Ps -Tackleberrywho, there was HCAP, TR match and Deer society shoot that weekend. It was never going to happen. See my point about ringing ahead.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I was just stirring Ezri,
    We knew weeks in advance that the HCAp was on that day, i wanted the date in Sept BTW ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Pretty much every week i meet another person from here. Some i meet on occassion and others i've gotten to know quite well (for my troubles or theirs :D).

I'm not against the idea of a boards day out, but it would need to be run properly and that means from inception to the actual day itself. The fact that the day never happened ANYWHERE goes to show how much real interest there was that no-one took the initiative and made the necessary arrangements for the day.

Sorry to sound like a big buzz kill, but i cannot see this idea getting off the ground, or in this case the screen to a range.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Dunno if all the people who wanted to do this are Fullbore Rifle shooters - in which case you can only shoot in Midlands or An Riocht

If not then I can tell you that the NASRPC has plenty of shoots already scheduled. Why not pick one of them that suits the most of you and just go - you don't need to organise anything except getting out of the bed in the morning.

[1] They have a shoot this coming weekend in Fermoy Rifle Club, Co. Cork which will inlcude a wide range of events
    Rimfire Benchrest Rifle, Rimfire Sporting Rifle, Smallbore and Centrefire Pistol and Smallbore and Centrefire Gallery Rifle.

[2] Two weeks later they have a match in Hilltop Shooting Club in Co. Wicklow with Rimfire Benchrest Rifle, Smallbore and Centrefire Pistol, Smallbore & Centrefire Gallery Rifle and Hilltop also have Compact Sporting, ABT and Sporting Clay layouts if you fancy a few clays on the day aswell.

[3] The First weekend in November they have a Sanctioned WA1500 Shoot in Ballyhoura Rifle & Pistol CLub in Co. Limerick which will include Smallbore and Centrefire Pistol and Smallbore and Centrefire Gallery Rifle

[4] And finally for 2010 they have a shooti n Rathdrum Rifle & Pistol Club in Co. Wicklow including Smallbore Pistol and Smallbore Sporting Rifle.

All NASRPC Shoots are Open shoots - they are well run and they are
    already scheduled and organised.

All you have to do is turn up and put some lead downrange, tell some lies, drink tea, eat whatever is going and generally enjoy yourselves.
    If you wanna go and have questions just email em at competitions@nasrpc.ie

Sounds like a no brainer to me.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

B'man has it sorted..............whos' up for it so?

I'm pencilled in for all those days off at work so can we pick a day?

I reckon Hilltop has best variety .........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Mr Mole

B'man has it sorted..............whos' up for it so?

I'm pencilled in for all those days off at work so can we pick a day?

I reckon Hilltop has best variety .........................

I'm all for a day out at Hilltop! go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I'll be there too.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Greenacre

Mr Mole wrote: »
    I'm all for a day out at Hilltop! go for it!

+ 1 for Hilltop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Yeah, nobody else turned up!!

We all heard that you were at midlands so we all fecked of to hilltop :D

vixdname wrote: »
    We all heard that you were at midlands so we all fecked of to hilltop :D

Well ya can stay there :p

Seriously, I can't make it anyway,; up to my ti*s these days.
    I struggle to make it to teh midlands these days between one thing and another :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Only kiddin with ya TACK !!! :D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Rosahane

+ for Hilltop.

Variety is the spice of life:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'll be up for the Hilltop shoot also!

Advertisement