Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems installing itunes....

Options
  • 02-10-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im having trouble installing itunes and quicktime on my laptop (sony viao VGN-N38E/W).
    It downloads no problem but as installation begins, an error message appears...

X THE INSTALLATION PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED. VERIFY THAT THE PACKAGE EXISTS AND YOU CAN ACCESS IT, OR CONTACT THE APPLICATION VENDOR TO VERIFY THIS IS A VALID WINDOWS INSTALLER PACKAGE.

I know its probably something simple but cant find anything to help solve the problem, anyone have any ideas?

ps... im operating on windows vista home premium.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

I use copy trans software ,http://www.copytrans.net/
    it does everything that itunes does, faster,easy to use,i just use my ipod for music,mp4 videos.if you want to buy music from apple you have to use itunes,.SO i,ll prbly never install itunes ,as i just buy cds in shops.
    if you dont use the itunes store copytrans is all you need.
    I drag and drop music to the ipod, press sync on the copytrans menu, when syncs completed, click detach,undock device/ ipod/itouch and thats about it.THERES a link on that site for quicktime light pack , and a link to the windows ipod drivers pack.YOU install the apple drivers first ,then install copytrans.
    its so easy to use .,i never read the manual. Even for itunes, its no harm to install the apple drivers first.Before you install itunes.
    You may need a faster connection speed ,download the file from a netcafe,copy to usb,or cdr disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Heres the apple drivers download page,download,install before installing copytrans,http://download.cnet.com/3001-18546_4-75300288.html?spi=636517cfc86d15c66294394efcbc5712&part=dl-6274328 ,i presume you are using a windows pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Installer could be corrupted.
    Try downloading it again.

Also try floola for managing your iPod if you want.

Advertisement