Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light - out next week

• 02-10-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light is coming out next friday. I only just found out when I randomly searched it on wikipedia. Does anyone know if it's any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Yea this release seems bit more random than usual. Kinda like someone in square enix went...hey guys been a while since we throw out a final fantasy ds release!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,739 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's getting mixed reviews although from people that actually know their RPGs they say it's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Basically if you're looking for an old-school FF game with exploration, princesses and heroes of light then yeah it should be pretty good(basically this is S-E giving the players who complained about FF7 or 8 or 10 or 13 for being 'too out of touch' with the ff series)

Having said all that, it should be good and I'll be picking it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Mario007 wrote: »
    Basically if you're looking for an old-school FF game with exploration, princesses and heroes of light

Im sold ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Acquired this today and so far im enjoying it more than DQ9. For some reason i like the simplicity of it, plus the fast battles are quite nice. Best game to come from Square since FFX?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,739 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You probably won't be surprised to hear that Square had nothing to do with the development. Mstrix who made the excellent FF3 and even better FF4 remakes were responsible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You probably won't be surprised to hear that Square had nothing to do with the development. Mstrix who made the excellent FF3 and even better FF4 remakes were responsible.

Oh wow, had no idea. And here i was thinking Square had gone and redeemed themselfs :( Im giving them one more chance with VersusXIII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

The local HMV said they won't have this for a couple of weeks. I'll have to buy it online (only annoyed because I hate waiting for things to be delivered).

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Have only managed to get through the first couple of zones, but so far am enjoying it. Really like the crown system and the characters seem interesting.

Theres a real sense of Grandeur about the whole thing. Am looking forward to having more time to play through this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Anyone still looking for this Smyths have it for €29.99 new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Since I already finished FF IV ages ago I didn't even look into that one too much. Are there any real updates to it or is it just another remake/port with fancy new cutscenes/graphics and stuff like that?

kickarykee wrote: »
    Since I already finished FF IV ages ago I didn't even look into that one too much. Are there any real updates to it or is it just another remake/port with fancy new cutscenes/graphics and stuff like that?

It's nothing to do with FF4 it's a brand new game.

Oh really?
    I totally missed that one then ...

What's it about?
    Is it a sequel to FF IV?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

kickarykee wrote: »
    Oh really?
    I totally missed that one then ...

What's it about?
    Is it a sequel to FF IV?

Doesn't seem to have much to do with FFIV at all. Although It does have something similar to the Hat system for classes.

It does however follow the the older games with the whole 4 Heroes thing, and the whole crystals crack, not really far enough through it to give a detailed opinion.

Ahh, I'm dumb, sorry folks :(
    I read FF 4: The Heroes of Light instead of FF: The 4 Heroes of Light when I first read about it and never had a proper second look - not even here, so I kept mixing that up. ^^

Seems like I have to take a real look into the game now.
    FF used to be such a great series - I really hope Squeenix will go back to producing more games that feature gameplay quality rather than great graphics again ... preferably both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

It is good but it is no Dragon quest IX. It is too basic for its own good. Good but not great. FFIV on DS is a far better game. Still, better this than some Crisis Core style crap eh?

Advertisement