Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group (pre-)order: PS3/360/PC PCB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Install mine/gimme a hand with it at yours and I'll give you first class 3s lessons one on one :pac: forget these chumps :pac:

nah, jk obviously. but i will seriously need 4 wires I think for my start and select, and also a hand putting it in ><

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Kiki, I won't be taking my one which I had pre-ordered. However, I will pay you through paypal if you pm me your account.

I think Owwmykneecap said he would be interested in taking it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'll jump in on that on one, if Kneecap doesn't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

animaX wrote: »
    Kiki, I won't be taking my one which I had pre-ordered. However, I will pay you through paypal if you pm me your account.

I think Owwmykneecap said he would be interested in taking it instead.
    No worries Terry, I'll keep it in the safebox & get the cash off whoever wants it instead ;)
    Kneecaps has first dibs over Orim, IIRC.

Latest update:
    AkiShop wrote:
    Information #1 about pre-order of the PS360 PCB

Hello again,

We have now gotten payment from you and you are now waiting for the PCB(s) to ship so here is the first update on your order:

We had an estimated shipping date around the start of this month but it has been changed a bit because of shipping time to us (with boat) and the extra amount we have ordered.

New shipping date (that is when we ship it to you) will be near the end of this month (November), this is the final schedule we got from the maker.
    We are very sorry for this, hope you understand.

More info about the PCB:
    * Each PS360 will be solder free for the user, no soldering required.
    * Each PS360 will be packed in an anti-static bag.
    * Each PS360 will have a 4-pin cable included for extra USB signal hook-up inside your stick (if needed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

If anyone changes their minds about their PCB or have a spare one over, I'll be willing to pay 30 euros for it.

Boards have arrived, customs man didn't :D

Actually I'm gonna ransom them now.
    €28** each! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!*

*aww, go on...
    **unless customs get me... right? Erk...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You get sent a letter from customs a week or so later generally.

Hopefully I'll be able to get this from you at some stage next week.

You get sent a letter from customs a week or so later generally.

Hopefully I'll be able to get this from you at some stage next week.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

When's the party?

• Advertisement

When's the party?
    Not this weekend for sure.

I shouldn't even be on the net except for research.

Quick update for everyone:

I'm currently studying for exams, so I won't be working on PS360 stuff until after my last exam (15th Jan).

If you want me to post a PS360 PCB to you, please PM me ASAP.

For anyone else waiting on installs:
    I will be investigating on the IFs/HOWs of a solderless 11-button install in PS3 or 360 TEs.

Additionally (or if I can't hook into the Home-button panel), Plan B:
    Adding 1-2 small buttons (either on the top plate or at the rear).

This is because the TE only has 10 easily accessible buttons (meaning a sacrifice of Select button).
    Post on here if you have any questions (because I know my explanation is kinda weird).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

You'd be better using a 74ACT32 than adding extra buttons.
    It'll allow you to push start+select to activate guide/home.
    Only costs about 45c and you could use heatshrink to get it working.

UPDATE

Can't figure out a solderless method.

Have found a method which WILL however allow use of the Home & Turbo buttons on the top panel (as normal).
    However, I will have to take the stick home to solder to the main board for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

You have one for me or what's the story with that?

Yeah, I have it (and loads others -- I've actually forgotten who they're for!)

PM me if you want me to send it via An Post.

I'll sort it with you at inferno. I'll probably need you to stick it in for me anyway depending on how tricky it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Lads as an outside observer you gotta realise that "sticking it in" for you requires quite a lot of work for Kiki, as well as research in some cases (figuring out how to keep the home/turbo buttons working, etc.). imo you guys should be offering him money to do this stuff for you rather than (it seems to me) just expecting it as part of him ordering the PCB for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I agree, from personal experience it does take a bit of time to get a new pcb setup in a stick.
    Last time i installed a dual mod it took nearly 5 hours of work. This method is a bit easier but its still time consuming.

I would be quite happy to pay extra and even drive to the installers house to minimise his time investment in this project (if anyone is willing to do this for me).

The second this involved soldering it went immediately beyond my abilities, both in equipment and skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Lads as an outside observer you gotta realise that "sticking it in" for you requires quite a lot of work for Kiki, as well as research in some cases (figuring out how to keep the home/turbo buttons working, etc.). imo you guys should be offering him money to do this stuff for you rather than (it seems to me) just expecting it as part of him ordering the PCB for you.

Yeah, thats why i am paying him money not just for the pcb. stuff like that seems like a alot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

If anyone could include an Xbox 360 controller to PS3 converter in their order I 'd happily renumerate them for their efforts.

Well in fairness i am taking Terry's order over, i didn't actually order this, i will sort him out at inferno, i don't expect him to do it for free.

Also coming into this late I don't know the full situation re: installing it, so i don't know whether I'll personally be able to install it or not. If i think I can I probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi Kiki if I wanted to order 1 of these would you install it at my cost to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yeah I don't expect Kiki to do it for free, I'm sure it's a annoying task, so I'll be willing to pay for the work

Could anyone who needs their PCBs installed please bring their stick on Saturday?
    I have the rest of next week free so can dedicate some time to installs.

Also, GorySnake, I'll need Ramza's TE for an install also.

I won't be there Kiki, so you can leave mine at home.

I'll send you a PM though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »

I myself asked Kiki in person/here if he would give me a hand with mine, and I said I would offer him money for his time/labour :) Although the point still stands

This was posted on Eventhubs a while back in case it's useful for anyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement