Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cement protestor

Options
  • 02-10-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

A video I posted skitting the cement mixer protestor was removed by admin due to potential legal issues, but is still on YouTube.

I got an interesting reply.
    i know joe , he's a good bloke , and you obviously dont know the facts you ass.
    the reason he owed so much was because he wasnt prepared to raise the rent on a group of affordable houses he built ,he agreed to let Anglo collect all/any rents on those houses but ANGLO demanded he raised rent or they would seize his assets ,
    which they did.
    so in future learn the facts before you flap your mouth you government lackey.

OK, apart from being called a govt lackey (Ive been called worse in my time!!!) can anyone verify or dispute the truth in this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

No ideas. Was surprised the lad didn't talk himself outside the court the other day, I'm sure he'd plenty to say about his situation. Could have been a rallying call for some but he missed an opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

One thing is for sure. Well end up passing for his failed property deals. He has the audacity to protest when he is a core pat of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Quote:
    i know joe , he's a good bloke , and you obviously dont know the facts you ass.
    the reason he owed so much was because he wasnt prepared to raise the rent .......

Fail - The reason he owed so much is that he borrowed so much .......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

RichardAnd, do you have the vaguest notion what the word 'libel' means?

moderately exasperated,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Scofflaw wrote: »

moderately exasperated,
    Scofflaw

Libel and Blasphemy laws need to be done away with altogether, how can the media (and sites like this) report on events without fear of a lawsuit? Yet another thing in a long list of things needing a change in this country.

Whats worse an inept and gagged media ensures that corruption can grow and flourish. It took a British newspaper (Telegraph) to reveal the names of one of these "bondholders" (Abramovich) last few days, where were our national media for the last 2 years? yep asleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Did anyone notice the tan this guy had on the news during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

Scofflaw wrote: »

moderately exasperated,
    Scofflaw

I know precisely what it means but like ei.sdraob, I feel that the truth should always be spoken, regardless of who might find it un palatable. What I wrote is true but as you have taken exception to it, I will respect your wishes and not exacerbate things by repeating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I can see both sides of the discussion.

Scofflaws only protecting the integrity of this site.
    And ei is correct to say that libel/slander laws are abused to help engender scandal/cheating etc.

The libel laws do need to be reformed to a great degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

I agree entirely that the libel laws need drastic reform. Until they are reformed, though, part of my job is to ensure that boards.ie doesn't get shut down as a public arena for discussion by people who believe that "the truth should be spoken at all costs" when they won't be the ones paying those costs.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Was`nt he in business with a certain flamboyant property developer in Galway who owes a fortune and used to sell lawnmowers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

beagle001 wrote: »
    Was`nt he in business with a certain flamboyant property developer in Galway who owes a fortune and used to sell lawnmowers
    ...and what?

Mod you are obviously in a grumpy mood,I was wandering was he in business with a certain individual as I have been told a few times.
    As I know this particular individual had such say over land speculation in Galway that they canceled the auctions when he was on holiday as he was the biggest hitter.
    This was part of the fuel for the roperty bubble people like this driving up prices and my point being the cementgate fella helped fuel the bubble and now is kicking up a stink.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My mood is always set to grumpy!

Well it came across like someone who wanted to tar and feather him without elaborating on any facts!
    Provide links to anything please rather than report something that you have been told!

Ha ha at least your honest.

Advertisement