Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOUNTING HELP NEEDED..... asap.....

Options
  • 02-10-2010 11:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I 28 and went back to third level college to do a degree in sports and business in Cork.

I cant seem to get my head around ACCOUNTING..... and am miles behind everyone on this subject.

At the moment doing Trial Balances and Balances Sheets..... might as well be under the sheets in my bed asleep...ha ha

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Unless i get a handle on this module ill fail and wont get into next year?

PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT WOULD BE OPEN TO YOU ADVICE AND HELP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭vanla sighs

Maybe you could look for grinds, it'll cost a little but could be beneficial. Or approach the mature student office at your college and ask if there are any study support services in place for free?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

Hi mate,

Yep i know i need grinds been told 2-3 a week which cost around 100-120 a week which for a student mmm dont think thats possible.

Can find anyone good enough to give grinds. Contacted CIT, UCC, and Griffin College.

In CIT went to CITSU, Head Of Accounting and Business, Mature Student Office and Learning Support Centre and couldnt get ANY help.

So thinking about just leaving the course

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have you spoken to your lecture on the subject?

Or other students in your class who might find the subject okay?

Have you talked to students in the year above you who've already done the subject? Maybe they could give you grinds or help you out?

You could offer students in your class or the year above you money for grinds, but at a lower cost then what would normally be charged.

Also, youtube is amazing for tutorials on many different subjects. Maybe have a look there and see if there are any videos on your subject.

I find it amazing that no one in any of the offices you've said you've contacted didn't offer any help. I'd go back to the Student Union and discuss that.

Advertisement