Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adium on WaveLan?!

Options
  • 03-10-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has gotten Adium to work on the wireless?

I'm trying to run MSN and GoogleTalk accounts out of it atm and no joy! Living on res so it'd be nice to have it :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Proxy? All traffic has to go via http through proxy.ucd.ie:8484, so try configuring Adium to use that.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

I've configured my global settings on the Mac for the proxy and it still doesn't seem to be working :/

I'll have a go with the Adium one now but I know from talking to IT they've locked a load of ports down so I'm just hoping someone found a way around them :)

Thanks though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not sure if this will work, but try the following:

In Adium, go to Preferences > Accounts > select an account > Edit > click on the Proxy tab > select HTTP from the drop-down menu and enter the UCD proxy settings.

Advertisement