Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend somewhere to host a website

Options
  • 03-10-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi, this is for a college club... cant host it myself and some features of the site that someone has kindly built arent supported by the the it crowd in college... the current one is http://www.climbing.tcdlife.ie/home/index.php
    the new site is http://wexfordtomongolia.com/ducc/ in a temporary location
    I really should know more about all this but I guess now is a good time to learn

i was thinking of redirecting the old one, linked to from the college site to a new domain ducc.ie or something <- thats available

Im just looking for advice on a hosting package of some sorts, pretty cheap and whether it includes the domain or not isnt too important i guess but would be convenient? max of a few hundred hits per month

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There are a number of Irish hosts such as
    Blacknight
    register365
    Digiweb
    etc.
    They are all different but all similar.
    Use google to find one that meets your needs.
    I would pick an Irish host though!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

yeah, I got as far as using google:rolleyes:
    anyone had any negative experiences using any of em?
    or recommend one in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sorry guys, but I'm drawing a line under this thread at that point, because that's exactly the question that led to the original hosting forum being closed down - the entire forum descended into a shouting match when people asked who was best. We don't have a place to ask this question anymore as a result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement