Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with new build

Options
  • 03-10-2010 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

This is my first time building a machine. I'm not a computer guru, however I do try to learn/understand the computer terms. After doing a little bit of research, I cam up with the following components. Main use of computer is normal office application, video/photo editing and tv/video streaming from internet. Computer for home use and I don't intend to be playing games. My current monitor LG W2361V. Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated in terms of the different components and especially in trying to reduce cost. I intend to install windows 7 (this is not included in price). My build:

cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition (pixmania) = €100

mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P (Komplette) = €100

ram: 2x(Crucial - 2GB 1066MHz PC2-8500) ; (Komplette) = €100

psu: Corsair VX550W; (Komplette) = €76

HDD: Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATAII 64MB Cache 3.5-inch Green Internal Hard Drive OEM; (Amazon) = €50

graphics card: ASUS GeForce EN210-512 MB GDDR2-PCI-Express 2.0 (pixmania)= €58

dvd writer: LG GH22LS50 22x DVD±RW Internal Re-Writer (pixmania)= €22

case: COOLER MASTER Elite 310 (pixmania)= €48

Total: €554

The above cost does not include keyboard and mouse. Any suggestions on items would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement