Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom enticed me back with promises of wonderful things.

• 03-10-2010 2:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Recently went back to Eircom from an 8mb package.

Eircom have me on their basic 1027 upload until NGR comes in in my area. It has now come in and I have asked to be switched over.

When they switch me over to NGR, is there a place I can check if I have been switched.

Will I notice my speed from speed back up to my pre-Eircomdays?

Many thanks.8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We left Eircom and went back to them ,

NGB is not yet available in our area .

Its may be best ring them on 1901 to find out if you have been switched .

Download the Eircom Usage Meter and try to login.

If you can log in your on NGB if you can't log in your not switched over yet.

Also check your line stats on http://192.168.1.254 and see what your speed is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

the "next gen broadband" is nothing more than some marketing crap :o
    Read http://irelandoffline.org/2010/03/eircom-and-next-generation-broadband/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Download the Eircom Usage Meter and try to login.

If you can log in your on NGB if you can't log in your not switched over yet.

Also check your line stats on http://192.168.1.254 and see what your speed is.

Thanks

Can't sign on using the Eircom Usage Meter

My modem shows
    DSL Mode: ADSL_G.dmt
    Speed: 1024 kbps /128 kbps

I'll ring Eircom again.

Thanks folks. Appreciate the responses.

Trevor451 wrote: »

Hi Trevor

Thanks for the link.

Yes, I was dubious too. But what sold me was they were cheaper than my current provided. However, he did say I would have the same download speeds as I had (around 5mb for a 8mb line) and that they would never charge me for going over my limit. I really don't believe the "never" bit (and 10gb is pathetic). But my usuage would never be above 30gb and if I go to the next package, it's still cheaper than my old one. The question is: Will I get better download speeds now than the pathetic 800kpbs. Have to wait and see I guess!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Next Generation Broadband doesn't exist.
    There is no such thing.

There is however, such a think as poor service, bad quality and broken promises.
    My local exchange at home is being "upgraded" now for 4 years - good look with waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

broadband in this country is just a farce - got rid of eircom a couple of years ago and wouldn't touch them even if they were the only provider

I have not been switched over to NGB. Seems the order was messed up. Now they are having "technical problems". We'll see.

Of course Eircom will charge for going over their limit (as I expected). But it was fun to ask. I'll send a letter of complaint about the salesman for lying to me, they can file with all my other complaints from years ago!

Seems Eircom haven't changed a bit! Although to be honest, BT were just as bad when it came to customer service. They're all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I have not been switched over to NGB. Seems the order was messed up. Now they are having "technical problems". We'll see.

Of course Eircom will charge for going over their limit (as I expected). But it was fun to ask. I'll send a letter of complaint about the salesman for lying to me, they can file with all my other complaints from years ago!

Seems Eircom haven't changed a bit! Although to be honest, BT were just as bad when it came to customer service. They're all the same.

lol of course there are gonna charge you if you go over your crap 10GB limit, and its 2 euro per gb i think

Next Generation Broadband should say next generation pricing, as thats all that it is. same crap service. just you not get charged for going over the limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

Trevor451 wrote: »

im feeling very sick now, thanks for that. i honestly did think, just from looking at tv adverts, that it was fiber boradband. i did think it strange that such a network would be in place in ireland but then again...they have been digging up all the roads for the last 5 years and its only in dublin. i really should stop visiting this forum. i get more depressed every thread i read and the killer is i would give my left hand for eircom dsl at the moment, thats how bad 3g is. (slight exaggeration about the hand btw):eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bruno2010

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Recently went back to Eircom from an 8mb package.

Eircom have me on their basic 1027 upload until NGR comes in in my area. It has now come in and I have asked to be switched over.

When they switch me over to NGR, is there a place I can check if I have been switched.

Will I notice my speed from speed back up to my pre-Eircomdays?

Many thanks.8

hi,

If you go to www.ngb.ie you can seen when your area in NGB enabled. Plus you can enter your details to see if you have been migrated etc. If your exchange in NGB but you're not yet on an NGB product you can move over by giving them a shout

B
    B

Advertisement