Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos in Limerick

Options
  • 03-10-2010 5:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

I'm moving to Limerick City and almost dreading to say goodbye to my tattoo artist! My guy is not only an amazing artist, insanely cheap, 110% professional and hygienic but he even makes house calls!!! So I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get awesome looking and moderately priced inks in or near Limerick City?

Also! In homage to myself moving to Ireland I want to get some sort of Celtic symbol... I wanted a Claddagh symbol but my fiance said it is extremely bad luck; now I'm not terribly superstitious but I'd rather not risk it on something as permanent as a tat. Any suggestions for a symbol that can fit into a 2x2" area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

this isn't quite as important but i was also thinking about getting branded... is there a place near Limerick that does branding? i know its not popular but i think brands look awesome :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

as far as i know there is no one doing scarification in limerick? or branding

@sunshine not to sure on the whole house calls thing.. post pictures of his/her work

oh i don't need house calls, its just one of the things that makes me sad to say bye.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506317338&v=wall&story_fbid=438841477338&ref=notif&notif_t=like#!/album.php?aid=1219&id=1741166194
    thats an album of his work

oh i don't need house calls, its just one of the things that makes me sad to say bye.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506317338&v=wall&story_fbid=438841477338&ref=notif&notif_t=like#!/album.php?aid=1219&id=1741166194
    thats an album of his work
    the tattoos he did for me aren't up there but he gave me a sun on the back of my neck and a pair of lips on my hip... he also fixed a star i got in texas two years ago

BRILLIANT!

bump... i never got the answer i was looking for :(

• Advertisement

also bullmans and ross nagle(all star ink) sorry for delay in replying

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

thank you so much! the first link didn't work... have you got another?

They both work for me FWIW.

keane2097 wrote: »
    They both work for me FWIW.
    is fwiw chatspeak or the name of your shop? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

is fwiw chatspeak or the name of your shop? lol

for what it's worth

I meant both links work...

keane2097 wrote: »
    for what it's worth

I meant both links work...
    ahhhhh, okay... every time i click the first link if shows a not found error:(

oh hey, nvm... i got the link to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

There's also Limerick Art Tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

allstar ink are great
    got my 2 tattoo there really clean shop :)

thanks guys, so i've got where to get the tattoos at.. but how about a suggested symbol to pay tribute to my move to ireland? and i'm also interested in scarification :D

mac does vist ireland from time to time, i have seen his work, he is gifted at what he does

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DrEVIL666?v=photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 W.S.C FOSTER

Bullmans on thomas street, ask for dan if possible- he did mine :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Bullmans on thomas street, ask for dan if possible- he did mine :)

Don? He's gone to New York AFAIK
    And Danny is long gone from the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭limerick79

try hard knox tattoo limerick...
    steve done work on me....
    i will be gettin more done by him...
    good tattoo artist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 surferrosa13

Hey I know this is an old link, but am gonna be in Limerick for a couple weeks soon and wanna check out best studios..... any advice?
    I heard there was a place called Hallucinogenic skin that was good but it closed - that guy still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Hey I know this is an old link, but am gonna be in Limerick for a couple weeks soon and wanna check out best studios..... any advice?
    I heard there was a place called Hallucinogenic skin that was good but it closed - that guy still around?

I've got a tattoo in Bullman's and All Star Ink - would recommend both. Both have a really clean set-up and good artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Ulrich heuber has his own studio high on ink, he ticks all the boxes, clean professional, reasonably priced and a great artist.
    Allstar have a name for themselves too, well Ross Nagle does, if you can get over the arrogance at the front desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 EmeraldMan

Ulrich heuber has his own studio high on ink, he ticks all the boxes, clean professional, reasonably priced and a great artist.
    Allstar have a name for themselves too, well Ross Nagle does, if you can get over the arrogance at the front desk.
    is high on ink down the back of that pub?? thomas street? i like my studios to have a front desk so i think i'll stick with allstar. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

EmeraldMan wrote: »
    is high on ink down the back of that pub?? thomas street? i like my studios to have a front desk so i think i'll stick with allstar. :rolleyes:

if thats all you look for in a studio, goodluck to ya :rolleyes:!! Uli is class id recommend him to anyone and a very nice fella too!

EmeraldMan wrote: »

No, its not down the back of a pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gerrez

ive had tattoos done in a few places in limerick but yet have had the pleasure of being tattooed by Uli(high on ink) who ive only heard great things about, a really cool down the earth guy without an ego and most importantly a super artist having looked at his work on facebook.

gerrez wrote: »
    ive had tattoos done in a few places in limerick but yet have had the pleasure of being tattooed by Uli(high on ink) who ive only heard great things about, a really cool down the earth guy without an ego and most importantly a super artist having looked at his work on facebook.

Really good at what he does. Im booked in with him for the Midleton convention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Sorry to bump this up.... but is Danny Bullmans still there on Thomas Street, Limerick? I got my very first tat done there over 10 years ago. Nice guy, very professional and put me totally at ease.

My question is, roughly how much should i expect to pay to get a small dragon tattoo (Black with red ink) and approximately 3 inches long now a days? I got a black dragon tattoo done (simular size) in Bullmans years ago and at the time paid just £50 (it was punt back then).

An artist in luxembourg quoted me €290 for the celtic dragon tattoo (with black and red ink) back in February when i was over which i found to be savagely expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

memphis wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this up.... but is Danny Bullmans still there on Thomas Street, Limerick? I got my very first tat done there over 10 years ago. Nice guy, very professional and put me totally at ease.

My question is, roughly how much should i expect to pay to get a small dragon tattoo (Black with red ink) and approximately 3 inches long now a days? I got a black dragon tattoo done (simular size) in Bullmans years ago and at the time paid just £50 (it was punt back then).

An artist in luxembourg quoted me €290 for the celtic dragon tattoo (with black and red ink) back in February when i was over which i found to be savagely expensive.

Yeah it's still there, I dont think Danny is there at the moment last I saw he was in Vienna could be back though. As for the price only the artist will be able to tell you that so call in, I have two tattoos similar in size about 3 inches down and across cost €180 at the time for the black with red, the other is all in colour about 4-5 inches down and across cost €250 done by Danny.

Advertisement