Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google it!

Options
  • 03-10-2010 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

As a regular user of this forum I have found some really good info and discussions from it. But does anyone else think that some of the answers people are looking for can be found just as easily by typing it into google? I know sometimes it is good to hear from someone who has been through it but sometimes you just get hearsay and the wrong info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I agree to a point. Questions like "who has the cheapest flights?" are pointless - prices differ depending on the time of year, demand etc and that is a googlable query.

There are other wuestions though that are reasonable - advice on where to live, advice on tips for getting visas (WHVs are perhaps more googlable, but longer term visas are more tricky).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Asking a question on boards rather than googling it ensures that the answer is current and relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Totally agree OP, it's just pure laziness or stupidity most of the time. I accept the point that answers are current and valid but some of the questions are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

todays questions are tomorrows google answers.

Advertisement