Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone use Tracer Mini Gunlight before

Options
  • 03-10-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

i was up north of the border yesterday and i got myself one of these

http://www.deben.com/lights_lamping/tracer_gunlights/mini.php

do anyone here have one or used one before it didnt look to bad shining it in the back yard last night but anyone know whats it like in filed use

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I got one its good enough, I bought a second battery for it and a red filter. I carry the whole lot in a British army chest rig. the light is good out to about 200m, I've had it about 7 years now I used it a lot the last couple of years. Only thing is now I seem to have a dodgy contact somewhere as the lamp keeps cutting off I have to give it a shake to make it work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Check the fuse casing for signs of melting. Happened me and took me ages to find it. I'd be resting my elbow on the battery and the light would go off. Opened up the pack and seen that the fuse casing was melted. Got a new agri one and as good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

I think its more to do with the connection to the lamp. The male connection is a bit worn and I think it may not be making contact properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭dan17

i got a scope mounted lamp from bushwear.co.uk ...find it very good no problems with it and good beam to 200yrd+ battery on belt or with shoulder strap as well. mains charger and a cigarette lighter lead as well to use the lamp off car..lamp comes with scope clamp and a handle to use as a handheld setup..think the make is a clulite but not certain.u can check the site anyway to see it

Advertisement