Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trouble shooting first build

Options
  • 03-10-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

hi guys

This is the build I am working on

4GB-Kit GEIL ram
    Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
    Intel Core i5-760
    Point of View GeForce GTX460
    Samsung SpinPoint F3
    XFX 650 Watt XXX Power Supply Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 932

Build this yesterday, and did the first post this morning. Got a long sequnce of continous shortbeeps. Took everything off the motherboard.Took the motherboard from the case reseated the CPU and tried to post outside case without anything attached except the cpu fan, the 24 pin and 8 pin power supply attacted, same beeps. What is the problem, is it the motherboards? what else can I try. many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Apparently it's a power error. I looked at the manual, at the very bottom of page 111 (http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-p55a-ud3_v2.0_e.pdf) to find this information.

"Continuous short beeps: Power error"

Check your PSU and connections and see if that works or if the beeps change to some other rhythm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

when u reseated the cpu did you reapply thermal paste to the top of the cpu?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

hi there, did apply new paste. was reading up that could be ram or the motherboard as well as the power supply. Going to try the build again and mess around with the ram position. Have a friend who has a multi meter going to check the voltages from the power supply to try and narrow it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

im going with ram

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

hi guys, just to update you guys, restarted the build, reseated everything, think the problem was either the ram in wrong position or not seated correctly. Posted first time. Delighted. Have just installed Win 7 and working thorugh drivers, have Call of duty ready to install can't wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement