Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting up a business and welfare allowance

• 03-10-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Does anyone know what the situation is with keeping your welfare allowance if you try to start up your own business. I was reading on citizens info that you can keep your allowances for one year if you've been unemployed for one year now (it was 2 before) if you qualify for JSA. I've recently switched from JSB to JSA so I would qualify. I'm nervous about trying self employment but if this was an option it would really help. Does anyone know how this works in practice, is it difficult to do? I know I probably need to go in and talk to someone in Fas etc but just thought I'd put it on here and see if anyone has had experiences of this scheme.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Search this forum for 'btwea' or 'enterprise'
    It has come up a few times

Advertisement