Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to unistall Bonjour?

• 03-10-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

I had itunes downloaded to my laptop a while back but had deleted it due to problems with it. I tried to download it again today but got a message with a problem linked to bonjour- it was already installed from my previous installation of itunes. So I thought if i deleted it maybe itunes will install for me. I have gone to the control panel and tried to unistall it but it won't unistall for me. HELP !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You have gone in to Add/Remove Programs and tried to remove the application? What error message do you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Yes I've tried that but during the unistall process it tells me I need to make sure I have permission to remove it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Downloads The windows installer cleanup utility and delete the bonjour entry, it will hopefully let you install it then :)

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Downloads The windows installer cleanup utility and delete the bonjour entry, it will hopefully let you install it then :)

Nick

Hi YoYo

Thanks for the link! It worked, well kind of. Bonjour deleted but it's still showing in my program files, but not showing when I go to the control panel and unistall programs, and I can't delete it under program files, says I need permission to delete the files? I checked my account and it is an administrator account. Back to step one. Itunes will still not install.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi YoYo

Thanks for the link! It worked, well kind of. Bonjour deleted but it's still showing in my program files, but not showing when I go to the control panel and unistall programs, and I can't delete it under program files, says I need permission to delete the files? I checked my account and it is an administrator account. Back to step one. Itunes will still not install.

If windows Vista/7 type msconfig into the start menu, if prior go to start>Run>Msconfig, under the "Startup" tab untick all bonjour items, I think theres just one, if you cant delete the program files folder is probably due to the fact bonjour is running, once you untick the item dont bother restarting, hit ALT CTRL DEL and go into task manager, under processed click bonjours exe files and end task, try deleting it then!

good luck!

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    If windows Vista/7 type msconfig into the start menu, if prior go to start>Run>Msconfig, under the "Startup" tab untick all bonjour items, I think theres just one, if you cant delete the program files folder is probably due to the fact bonjour is running, once you untick the item dont bother restarting, hit ALT CTRL DEL and go into task manager, under processed click bonjours exe files and end task, try deleting it then!

good luck!

Nick

Thanks very much for your help and knowledge Nick ! Fingers crossed

Advertisement