Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funky Saturdays

Options
  • 03-10-2010 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone headed along to the theatre last night for the free bar?

Seams like a good idea making it 21's aswel, but sadly didn't go myself as €22 is a bit to expensive for my liking.

Did it actually stay open till 4am??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

€22 for a free bar? Sounds like a bargain to be honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

Isn`t it BYOB, as they have lost their license!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

i dont think you need a licence to give out drink for free, you may need a licence to have fun in Greystones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I was there.
    It was ok.
    I left around 3am and it was still going.

Doubt I drank €22 worth of drink.
    I was excited cos it was going to be a 90's night, but once it got going it was all Outhere brothers and crap like that.

There was some great music in the 90's, but they ignored in favour of the preteen dross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭jc1980

Yeah really couldnt see myself paying €22, especially when you dont know what your expecting. The 4am thing sounds great but if the music is rubbish then its going to be a long few hours. Was the whole 21s think strict or were the bouncers turning people away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

jc1980 wrote: »
    Yeah really couldnt see myself paying €22, especially when you dont know what your expecting. The 4am thing sounds great but if the music is rubbish then its going to be a long few hours. Was the whole 21s think strict or were the bouncers turning people away?

Dunno.
    I did see some kids getting turned away.
    But I don't know how long it was going on for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anewbeat

I was there and the music got really good, everyone seemed to be enjoying it. it was the cheapest night out i've had for along time. I love the ingenuity of this place and hope it keeps going. it did go on til 4 and the crowd were older than the likes of Bray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anewbeat

oh yeah, I was talkin to someone there the other night 'bout the licence, they didn't lose it, they chose not to renew it as it was too expensive and too regulated. since they started the BYOB everyones now doin it. don't be surprised if everyone statrs this free bar now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

So is it BYOB or not? I understood €22 entrance fee with free bar at start of the thread and now the BYOB was mentioned?!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

darsar wrote: »
    So is it BYOB or not? I understood €22 entrance fee with free bar at start of the thread and now the BYOB was mentioned?!

As far as I know you can BYOB too. I don't think they're would be any argument seeing as you would be paying the 22 quid anyway. Your just saving them drink

• Advertisement
Advertisement