Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an Asian supermarket in Kilkenny city?

Options
  • 03-10-2010 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I need to stock up on spices and the one here in Carlow is closed :(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

There's a Halal shop in Irishtown

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I think theres one in john street near langtons, I think Mary Wong owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

Yea there is one in irishtown and john street, wongs in john street is cheaper tho

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wongs in John Street has a great selection and is pretty good value,

• Registered Users Posts: 26 countrymary

The shop is in John Street, opposite the Wine Centre. It is called Shortis Wong and it is a brilliant place. You will get everything you want for Asian cuisine and more besides. The take away breads and spring rolls are delicious. Only problem is they don't take credit or Laser cards, so go to the ATM before you head down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Thanks for all the replies. I'll head there this weekend and stock up... I got so used to buying all my spices for the Chinese supermarket that when I ran out of some and had to use tesco I was shocked at the price they charge for tiny jars of stuff , €3.50 for a small jar with about 30 curry leaves in it €1.95 for a tiny jar of cumin , in the Chinese supermarket I could by a huge bag of curry leaves for €1.75 and 200gr of cumin for €1.35, and the rice is very cheap and great quality.

Advertisement