Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glacial Super League Season 2 Session 1

Options
  • 03-10-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

The 2nd weekend in October creeps up on us and brings with it the first session of the Glacial Super League. This will be the first of six sessions for the season. Once again, the sessions will take place on the 2nd and 4th weekend of the month.

Edit - Two exceptions to this. I was concious of October being busy but there probably is TOO much on the 23rd. So first session will be a taster and will show people where they stand before session 2 a month later - plenty of practice time. Also, the fourth Saturday in December is Christmas day - some people may have better things to do than this (not me personally :() so January will have two sessions.

Cost & Prize: Once again, each session will cost €8. €1 of this goes into a travel and entry fund for Inferno (February) while €2 goes into a prize pot for 1st-3rd. Entry also gets you a ticket for the raffle (outlined below).

Season Dates:
    Session 1 - October 9th
    Session 2 - November 13th
    Session 3 - November 27th
    Session 4 - December 11th
    Session 5 - January 8th
    Session 6 - January 22nd

Couple of changes over season 1:
    Payment will be taken before the session starts. This covers the timeslot of 1-4. If people are playing casuals after this, they are welcome to...but they will be paying themselves.

At the time of payment, a players details will be taken (name & number). This is for a Season 2 raffle. Each attendee has a chance to win the Street Fighter Movie Collection on DVD - the more sessions you attend, the more chances you get (one ticket per session).

Do not use the machines for casuals when the tournament is on. Either check what match is next for you (people know how the fixture list works / know how to read) or watch a match in progress. We are a small group so it would be nice to have some sort of audience for matches. Plus, it results in hold-ups.

Points caused an issue the last time. This time, points will only be awarded for finishing positions.
    2nd: 12
    3rd: 10
    4th: 8
    5th-8th: 6
    8th-16th: 3
    16th-xth: 1

Any questions or comments, post them here. Also indicate if you will be in attendance please...Must get some posters too (ones that show all dates so that they can be in constant use / if a new place is found, they are still good!)

🤪

Will You Attend? 9 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    66%
    Sabre0001Burning EclipseMr. KFutureGuySairusD4RK ONION 6 votes
    Uncertain
    33%
    K.O.KikiRobbknollpdbhp 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sabre I think a tournament on the 23rd is a mistake. There's already a Street Fighter and Tekken tournament and Gaelcon on that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    I'll try and be up for the first week. Doubtful I'll make it for the second session though.

EDIT: Also, I agree with Doom on the Gaelcon overlap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No
    Changed to two sessions in January. Maybe you'll make the second session after all Sairus :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Uncertain
    I'll be at Wheel of Hype, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Uncertain
    Glad this is kicking off again but seen as its on saturdays ill never be able to make a session over work. Only work weekends now over college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No
    Robbknoll wrote: »
    Glad this is kicking off again but seen as its on saturdays ill never be able to make a session over work. Only work weekends now over college.

****ing college/work, taking away our Bison!!

I'm there, with bells on. My Chun will dominate the landscape and destroy all opponents... I've been taking secret lessons from Farz ever since I saw that video of him beating DooM, so there!!!

No
    Ah work, ruining everything since the beginning of time!

Any design-y folk out there who could potentially make up a poster - one that is relevant regardless of when it is put up (i.e. details all season dates).

Other details -
    Venue Information:
    Moviedrome,
    Kyle House,
    Henry Street,
    Limerick

All sessions start at 1 and finish at 4.

🤪

No
    I'm not great at this whole poster stuff. That's Farz's turf.
    Tell me changes and they will be made.
    Forgot to leave a large enough cutting border around the edge. Woops. Will fix that later.

GlacialPoster.png

No
    That is great stuff Sairus!

No
    Looks really good Sairus. What size is it / what is it scalable to? Can you send me the current so I can do a test print to see readability, etc?

🤪

• Advertisement

No
    It's made for A3, though there's some pixelation on the logo and background. I'm still trying to find higher res versions of those to try and slot them in.
    EDIT: Found a larger logo
    Here's a full size file for print testing: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VCJ428Z5
    Edit: Full size with better logo: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XD9QH6M4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

No
    Wow Sairus, that's a magnificent poster!

As for Saturday, I'll be there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    Sairus wrote: »
    I'm not great at this whole poster stuff......

lol. mega-lol even.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    I'll be there!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    Awesome poster is AWESOME. I'll be there :D

No
    Excellent! Going to get a few posters printed shortly! All are welcome to print them out and stick them up......EVERYWHERE! :D

Generic_name and Darren will also be along - confirmed by text.

Burning Eclipse is going to XBL message Matt.

D4RK ONION - any interest from Hotaru or Rickimon?

Sairus - any other Cork heads about?

The Dublin folk have kept quiet so far :)

And of course, then there are the others that we have not witnessed as yet!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sabre0001 wrote: »

I'd like to come, but I'd only ever be in Limerick mid-week, and not on a weekend.

I'll try and grab you guys for casuals next time I'm down though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

While it's not my game, I think I should go support the Wheel of Hype.

If I get a chance, I will be down later in the season though!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    I may bring Ricky, just for the laugh :)

No
    Thanks for publishing Orim!

🤪

• Advertisement

No
    Misty... Try to make it! Sairus is coming up from Cork, so you know you're not making the trip alone! Plus, none of us have any experience against a Juri player! Think of all the good it will do!

No
    I haven't heard back from any of the other Cork lads yet. Hopefully a few will come, but I cant guarantee anything!

No
    Looking like decent numbers anyway - hopefully a good start to the season! Bringing the camera again Sairus? Others are welcome to bring video cameras / regular cameras (or make use of all the mobiles that have cameras) too!

🤪

No
    Yar, my camera shall be in tow as usual. This time with all the right connection pieces so we wont need selotape again =)

No
    Was in the Crescent today trying to spread the word - shops are a lot less willing to put things up than I remember. Gamestop took one (and the assistant was very enthusiastic - hopefully he makes it in) and managed to put a couple up on bulletin boards (they stand out!).

Must hit town and U.L. next - probably tomorrow.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hey there,

Just to let you know I intend on being there too. ( I was the guy who selected uncertain ) I was just looking at my funds and I should be able to come unless something pops up in college. ( and I can get out of bed on Saturday. )

No
    Hey there,

Just to let you know I intend on being there too. ( I was the guy who selected uncertain ) I was just looking at my funds and I should be able to come unless something pops up in college. ( and I can get out of bed on Saturday. )

*claps hands joyfully*

Any chance you could get a couple of posters printed and put them up in college? I can reimburse you, unless you are really stuck in which case, no hassle. Alright if I then give you some posters to take back with you?

Looks like everyone could get a prize this weekend - posters to stick up! :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

*claps hands joyfully*

Any chance you could get a couple of posters printed and put them up in college? I can reimburse you, unless you are really stuck in which case, no hassle. Alright if I then give you some posters to take back with you?

Looks like everyone could get a prize this weekend - posters to stick up! :D

I can't afford to be printing anything right now, sorry. I'll still be more than Happy to take a few posters home with me on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Uncertain
    Hey sabre if you want to send me on the poster/flyer i can put them up in college. PM me and ill send you on my e-mail.

Also curse you all! This sounds like its gonna be a great session.

EDIT: Ignore this just saw previous page with download.

• Advertisement

No
    Thanks Robb! Pity you cannot be in attendance...

🤪

Advertisement