Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glacial Super League Season 2 Session 1

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    My execution was terrible; lost count of the amount of times I fluffed my input for U2. :(

We all have days like that. To be honest, you played very well otherwise. On a better day, youd've placed top 3 easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

So Tony, what character did you play?!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Just a little something (I wish I could say it was just thrown together but unfortunately, I'm not practiced enough for that :D).

Under a min; hopefully you enjoy!

after seeing this legendary video of awesomeness, it making me all hyped up for the next meet up, also thanks for adding me in the vid, i didn't expect it.

No
    DeeJay. Won 6 from 8 including vs Onion which I was delighted with. Lost to Misty and Generics excellent Hakan, although both games went to the final round of game 3.

I focused on playing using his bnb tools so nothing fancy.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I focused on playing using his bnb tools so nothing fancy.

boom slide boom slide boom slide :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No
    Currently uploading videos (very VERY slowly!)

Up on the eSports.ie (esportsie) YouTube channel - comment, subscribe, like, view, etc...

🤪

No
    Rare footage of FutureGuy actually angry

Sorry about the pace of the uploads!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

No point watching my vid cuz there's no rage or salt to speak of in it whatsoever

Fixed your post. Thanks for wasting my time I hate you bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

No
    Ry wrote: »
    Fixed your post. Thanks for wasting my time I hate you bye.

Actually there is. It's just hard to hear it is all. Sabre, my fight with Onion doesn't seem to have made the cut?!

No
    Rare footage of FutureGuy actually angry

Sorry about the pace of the uploads!

Not so much angry as passionate about the power of juri's EX-Senpusha (says I after abusing EX-Up kicks for the day!)

Thanks for uploading the videos Sabre, they are such a great learning tool. In addition to these videos, I wen't into training last night. For DeeJay, I've now learned...

-J.HK is his preferred AA
    -LK and EX Jackknife are preferred AA (with charge)
    -HP is his preferred AA (without charge)
    -Stop wasting EX on Air Slashers
    -Chun Li gets through Jackknifes alot easier than any other character that I played so far
    -I need to get the Knee Shot into my game for mix-up after knockdown
    -I need to learn better U2 set-ups and his EX MGU dash U2 set-up.
    -c.lp>c.MP has to be learned, although I can now comfortably combo c.lp into EX.MGU into EX. Rolling Sobat
    -I need to time my air slashers much better, esp in knockdown.
    -Play more defensively against Juri or eat Senpusha. Or just pick your main :D

• Advertisement

Ry wrote: »

We're just used to salt on a more epic scale!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Air Slashers

Going to have to insist you call them max outs.

No
    Seems as we're nowhere near the standard of Dublin play, we should just work on our salt levels instead - start throwing stuff around :D

Lot of videos still to do - I have three "clips" that I'm working off and I'm only about halfway through the first clip...If you keep an eye on the tournament schedule (the groups tab of m-s-l.tourney.cc), you will be able to judge where I am (which is probably depressingly close to the top!).

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Seems as we're nowhere near the standard of Dublin play, we should just work on our salt levels instead - start throwing stuff around :D

Lot of videos still to do - I have three "clips" that I'm working off and I'm only about halfway through the first clip...If you keep an eye on the tournament schedule (the groups tab of m-s-l.tourney.cc), you will be able to judge where I am (which is probably depressingly close to the top!).

To be fair you'd all improved hugely between the first and second times I came down. It's prob more match up knowledge than anything which is costing you (I've played loads of rounds against Hound's Akuma, for example, I bet you don't have a Guile of his level to play against though)

No
    Going to have to insist you call them max outs.

Maximum slashers as compromise? No? Ok so :p

I'm going on a salt-free diet. Not good for my quality of play. I think I played some of my better stuff during our game and I think that was my favourite match of the day. You caught me completely rotten with the Raging Demon :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Woo I finally have ze broadbandings! Just wana see GG to everyone there! I had a graet graet time and chris really enjoyed himself too. He said he wasnt happy with his play but he's only had the game 2 or maybe 3 months and I was happy he finally tagged along. My identity crisis is over and I'm finally back with the turkish menace! :D

And at time of typing, Hakan has finally gone from no tier to low tier! Thats totally because of me! ;)

Just need to get a new headset and we should start trying some online casuals.

No
    All videos I have are up - redoing the Burning Eclipse v D4RK ONION one though. Low quality at the moment but because it exceeded the 10mins I couldn't upload directly from my video editor (even though YouTube allows for longer now). Saved in the wrong file format.

FutureGuy seems to have hogged the hotseat for the camera :D Means he can learn - but we can watch all his matches and learn too...

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No
    I totally lamed it out against Burning Eclipse. I can see why that took so long :D

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I totally lamed it out against Burning Eclipse. I can see why that took so long :D

How embarrassing... twice in one round I fluffed the Ultra, I should have beaten you 2-0. :(

Disappointed in you picking guile. Tut tut. After all the complaining you did about doom's guile!

• Advertisement

No
    All videos I have are up - redoing the Burning Eclipse v D4RK ONION one though. Low quality at the moment but because it exceeded the 10mins I couldn't upload directly from my video editor (even though YouTube allows for longer now). Saved in the wrong file format.

FutureGuy seems to have hogged the hotseat for the camera :D Means he can learn - but we can watch all his matches and learn too...

Sorry about that :p

No
    Sorry about that :p

Hopefully others will be along with cameras next time...Or we'll have to forcefully remove you! :D

🤪

No
    @Burning Eclipse: But you didn't, so back to the training room with you :D;)

@AnimaX: I was picking different characters all day. No Honda for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Just watched our fight again Futureguy and I really cant work out why my ultra misses! Twas a big wtf moment for me. Theres a funny part near the end where you can see I keep f**king up the oil slide motion and eat 3 air slashers for it. I really need to stop all the jumping. I did it so much in that fight and it never worked out in my favour.

No
    animaX wrote: »
    Disappointed in you picking guile. Tut tut. After all the complaining you did about doom's guile!

I beat his Guile... that should say it all really. :D (What, smack talk, from me... ;))
    @Burning Eclipse: But you didn't, so back to the training room with you :D;)

I shouldn't be allowed to leave the training room, truth be told.

No
    My Guile is GODLIKE, just didn't want to embarrass you. Also, something about lag. And my stick. And Chun Li being broken. ;)

Advertisement