Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good players in FIFA 11?

Options
  • 03-10-2010 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know any decent players in FIFA11? Apartf rom the obvious Messis and Ronaldos.:P

I started a career with Bilbao and Llorente is an animal up front, unreal headers.
    Javi Martinez is a handy midfielder as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just on buying players another glitch I noticed.

Last night I searched for Santon and found him grand, added him to my shortlist with a view to purchase in the Jan transfer window.

Now it's come around and he's nowhere to be found in the game no matter what way I search for him. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just on buying players another glitch I noticed.

Last night I searched for Santon and found him grand, added him to my shortlist with a view to purchase in the Jan transfer window.

Now it's come around and he's nowhere to be found in the game no matter what way I search for him. :confused:
    I had that problem, the search filter leaves out shortlisted players unless you scroll down and change the "Shortlisted:" option form No to Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Get Neymar ST And Vela maybe :).

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

The same thing happened to me with the transfer glitch couldnt find modric anywhere and chicarito is unreal in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Career mode seems a disaster on Fifa games, stick to online:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I said it in FIFA 10 and its the same again for FIFA 11, Darron Gibson is an absolute star in the game. He is a solid midfielder but he will get you 10 goals a season from long range, phenominal shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone have any ideas for people to sign for Pats?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Might be an obvious one but Ronaldinho is excellent in the game this year. Not that fast but with the games slower pace he seems to work better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

joe123 wrote: »
    Might be an obvious one but Ronaldinho is excellent in the game this year. Not that fast but with the games slower pace he seems to work better.
    He is a lot cheaper this year than in years gone by, 14 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Joe Ledley is really good for Celtic, good speed, and has a good shot on him too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas for people to sign for Pats?

When I manage LOI teams I just search for players from League 2 in England, theres a few good ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've started with Sheffield Wednesday in League One. Jermaine Johnson (right winger) is excellent (strong & and has pace in the mid-80s).

I didn't realise that if a player rejects you once, then thats it for the season, no more offers. I made a stupidly low offer to Macheda (who was up for loan), before I adjusted my wage budget, could have afforded him easily otherwise.

I tried for Pacheco too, shortlisted him, couldn't find him for ages, and then forgot about him until the window closed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bigpatdolan

is it me of has the gameplay on fifa 11 gone back a slight bit, seems a bit like your not always as in control of the player as you were last year, and that the game play is far tp fast even in slow setting. anyone think so .???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Jeremain Lens, PSV and Dutch winger is pretty tasty I have to say.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hummels, Barrios, Sahin and Kagawa from Dortmund(team I'm playing in career). I highly recommend them.

Signed Sanchez from Udinese and Neicid from CSKA Moscow as well, great buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Chicharito from Man U is a classy striker. Has pace and not a bad finisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Prufrock wrote: »
    Chicharito from Man U is a classy striker. Has pace and not a bad finisher.

This!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Lukaku! Picked Belgium the other night and the kid is a hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

I know i am stating the obvious but Didier Drogba is class in this game. He is quite expensive though I had to pay £45 million for him (sold Berbatov for £15m and used the £30m I got at start on him) but he is well worth it. He is quick, can header, can easily shrug of defenders, and defend himself and he has a lethal shot. Sometimes I even play him in central midfield.

raheny red wrote: »

Finally bought him last night. Worth every penny. Him and Barrios together :eek:

^ just to add to my original post above, add Subiotic to that list as well. Plays for Dortmund as well and is a CB. Tall, powerful, decent speed and scores a good few from set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

raheny red wrote: »

He's my leading scorer with Birmingham. 7 million for a 17 year old 6"1' beast of a striker - well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm playing as Blackburn and picked up:

Ricky van Wolfswinkel from Utrecht and Holland. Quality striker with a quality name! He's good at headers, makes good runs off the ball and can finish. Has speed too. Only costs around 7 or 8 million so is relatively cheap. Scored 18 goals for me in the league alone in his first season and I rested him in a good few matches.

Neymar. Cost me 15 million but is a top, top player. His only problem is he can be shrugged off the ball easily by big defenders but they have to catch him first, he's got some speed.

James McCarthy from Wigan. I'm forever getting messages saying "well spotted" about him. He's down as a central attacking midfielder but I play him on the right in a 4-3-1-2 or behind the strikers sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Lisandro Lopez from Olympique Lyonnais is my latest signing - an all round great player. Good speed and quality finishing too. picked him up for about €22m.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Pato from A.C Milan is brilliant. Cheap too. Great speed and shooting. Effecting in CAM and RW.

Aiden McGeady, very quick feet and can get around most players without bother and good crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

If you're looking for a cheap option in midfield I'd high;y recommend Arturo Vidal. Class little player who is great in the engine room and can play too. can be got for around €7m. Started a career with Hamburg and I'm liking Eljero Elia too. Absolute flyer. Westermann at CB is a total rock too.

Fizman wrote: »
    If you're looking for a cheap option in midfield I'd high;y recommend Arturo Vidal. Class little player who is great in the engine room and can play too. can be got for around €7m. Started a career with Hamburg and I'm liking Eljero Elia too. Absolute flyer. Westermann at CB is a total rock too.

I'll echo this. He's superb for Leverkusen every time I've played them.

Just to add to my Dortmund love, Felipe Santana(CB) has come in every now and again for me and done well. But when Hummels was out injured for a month - my god has he has stepped up. He's similar to Subiotic and Hummels(ie: good all round defender) but with better pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pjanic for Lyon is very good. He's only 20 as well but he does cost over €10 million I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ScottyB

If your looking for good full-backs Micah Richards and Fabio Guantrao are class, young, strong, good pace. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

Just a few players i have in my Liverpool team that have blown me away

Juan Mata
    David Luiz
    Gerard Pique
    Marouane Chamakh
    Fernando Llorente
    Luis Suarez
    Gareth Bale
    Fabio Coentrao
    Ashley Young
    Raul Meireles

Might have got a bit carried away!! but all of the above are defo worth a look im 20 games into my season with liverpool and i havent lost a game yet, also Chamakh has 23 goals to his name so far...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AFCNZ

Nasri :D

Advertisement