Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Newcastle United (Kick Off: 1.30pm)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

karma_ wrote: »
    Tackle was not malicious, Ban Arfa was terribly unlucky for sure but there is no way DJ tried to break his leg, it's ridiculous to even suggest so.

Unbelievable you're actually questioning his Newcastle career when there isn't even any confirmation yet, typical knee-jerk reaction.

As for poor referring, well welcome to the premiership, happened us last year against Utd. and now this year you got a couple of bad decisions, get over it.

City might not win the league, but currently they sit 2nd, and that is after a fairly poor start to the season and it's a long way to go, I doubt any City fans expect to win the league and if we get top4 will be delighted.

Now grab your toys and get them back into the pram.

What are you talking about? What bad decisions were ever awarded against you in either of ye're games against United last season? :confused:

Two feet off the ground, says it all tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wrong Manchester, referee, it's United who employ you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Doocey wrote: »
    Thing is, it's always poor from City. There's no chance they'll win a league like that. All the money, all the players ye've recruited - plenty of time for gelling - hasn't happened.

We've lost one game and sit 2nd in the league.
    Gelling fine by the looks of it.
    I'm not being spiteful here, because I'm extremely confident Newcastle United will accomplish this season what they've set out to do - avoid relegation, but to be perfectly frank, we were a far better passing side than City today.

Operative word.

We had an off day...and still won
    A sub who played less than 20 minutes got MOTM - laughable to say the least.

Yeah that was a joke but those awards usually are. Relevance?
    Tioté had Toure in his pocket for the whole match, and cleaned up pretty much everything in midfield.

Well done. You had one midfielder have a great game. Someone had to make up for the absenteeism of Barton and Nolan.
    Ye got a Manchester City ref, giving an extremely generous penalty, and waving away what would be a stonewall penalty elsewhere on Ameobi.

My point being, there's no league in City this year, top 4 if very very lucky.
    If I'm wrong, I'll start a thread, accepting that I was wrong but I cannot see that happening this year anyway.

I'll hold you to that thread
    Best of luck for the future, but I'd much rather be investing in bargain buys this season like we've done this year for a change, rather than dishing out overinflated prices for 'the finished' articles.

Ha! Rich coming from a Newcastle fan.

How much did you pay for Shearer when breaking the British transfer record? How much did Les Ferdinand, Warren Barton, Faustino Asprilla et all cost you lot? (bear in mind transfers in general weren't as inflated as today).

Good luck indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Luckbox City.
    :mad: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Great match, not so great thread but haters gonna hate and all that jazz. Hope Ben Arfa will recover well as it's never nice to see a player seriously injured!! It looked a pretty innocuous tackle at the time so I'll have to see it back on highlights tonight to form a proper informed decision on it.

AJ as usual was outstanding but Newcastle fought the good fight:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Xavi6 wrote: »
    We've lost one game and sit 2nd in the league.
    Gelling fine by the looks of it.

You really think so? Don't fool yourself.

Operative word.

We had an off day...and still won

From what I've seen of City, they'll have many an off day. Blackburn a couple of weeks back etc.

Yeah that was a joke but those awards usually are. Relevance?
    Well I didn't find it particularly funny tbf. Kompany or someone at least deserved it.

Well done. You had one midfielder have a great game. Someone had to make up for the absenteeism of Barton and Nolan

Nolan was playing as a second striker to Ameobi so can't fault him there, although, he didn't that well where he was anyway.
    As for Barton, did quite well IMO, not a stray pass for the match.

I'll hold you to that thread
    Fair enough.

Ha! Rich coming from a Newcastle fan.

How much did you pay for Shearer when breaking the British transfer record? How much did Les Ferdinand, Warren Barton, Faustino Asprilla et all cost you lot? (bear in mind transfers in general weren't as inflated as today).

Good luck indeed

Look at my message, I said for a change, indeed we were a side who wasted millions on overrated prima-donnas, just as City have already. Robinho, Jo, Lescott, Barry, Santa Cruz.
    It's just not the way to go, simple as.

RE the Shearer transfer, was a big big transfer at the time, but worth every penny too. One of England's greatest ever strikers without a shadow of a doubt.

Add to that the three other players you mention, bar Asprilla (who had a serious potential - hattrick against Barcelona a few weeks into his Toon career) all did extremely well for Newcastle. Ferdinand was special, and Barton wasn't too shabby either.

All I'm saying is, the ridiculous spending of City isn't the way forward. Youth yes, with Newcastle only realising this now. The likes of Carroll, Vuckic, Ferguson, Inman, Krul etc - all promising players.

Advertisement