Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird/Funny Daft.ie Ads

Options
  • 03-10-2010 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Im looking for shared accomodation and have come across some really strange/funny ones.

Anyone else like to share some ads they've found?

Here's one where you are expected to go home at the weekends even though its not owner occupied, you must like cats, room comes with a scary victorian era pram and all for a very reasonable :pac: €520!!!

2zof310.jpg

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=593100

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

That ad just screams psycho bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There was a similar ad for a place in D8 recently - I can't remember all the details, but the house was owner occupied and the tenant had to be a cat lover. Although my brother was contemplating calling to view the place (he was starting work and urgently needed somewhere to stay, as well as just being curious) he didn't, but still dubbed the owner 'the scary cat lady'.

The ad is gone from Daft, so I can't link to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

fe1ready wrote: »
    Im looking for shared accomodation and have come across some really strange/funny ones.

Anyone else like to share some ads they've found?

Here's one where you are expected to go home at the weekends even though its not owner occupied, you must like cats, room comes with a scary victorian era pram and all for a very reasonable :pac: €520!!!

2zof310.jpg

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=593100

Thank you so much for posting this, I am in knots laughing.

So, Rachel is wanting to make a tidy profit sub letting, €130 pw and is keen for somebody who works in RTE, yet goes home at the weekend! Maybe Rachel has her heart set on working there and is looking for a contact.

She also claims its a genuine 17th centrury brass bed! Ha! What a bizarre and blatantly untrue incentive. Not to mention her stinky pets and as for the pram!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fe1ready

convert wrote: »
    There was a similar ad for a place in D8 recently - I can't remember all the details, but the house was owner occupied and the tenant had to be a cat lover. Although my brother was contemplating calling to view the place (he was starting work and urgently needed somewhere to stay, as well as just being curious) he didn't, but still dubbed the owner 'the scary cat lady'.

The ad is gone from Daft, so I can't link to it.

I remember that ad!!!!!

It was so funny. I think it said ''must love cats'' in the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I love the second picture with the black cat down the end of the garden staring towards the camera. That ad must be a p*sstake!?

I've seen a good few 'odd' ads recently including quite a lot where there is only one photo and its usually just a picture of a wall or a cooker? I can't understand why people put these terrible photos up there?

• Advertisement

Currently looking for a place in Galway and while some of the ads have been odd the houses and those living there have been much, much odder. The best I saw was a single room which was just a matress stuffed under the stairs and a large curtain covering the gap. Then there was the house with two tents in the living room and 4 people living in them rent free. There was also the house where the guy showing me around was so coked off his tits that he didn't bother cleaning the small pile of coke and coke covered credit card off the glass coffee table in the sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I found this one today but its only interesting if you have propertybee installed. You can see the ad was originally posted in May 2008 with an asking price of €650,000! Multiple description changes, a sale agreed status for 3 months, loads of price drops and its now at €345,000.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=600659

I just don't get it...
    At first it appears they're just trying to be funny.
    Does the first line mean someone has taken the room?
    Is that a sink in the bedroom? Is the place a complete kip or am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

I'd imagine the house is as fine as can be expected for 3 lads living together renting...I've seen worse.

Can't beat brutal honesty....they're being fairly honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I just don't get it...
    Is that a sink in the bedroom? Is the place a complete kip or am I missing something?

Not the worst place I've seen by any means, but it is one of the most unique ads I've come across. Though at least it gives a good sense of who you'd be living with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 lostaccount

Think that ad is hilarious! Sound like the house would be great craic to live in if you were a student!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I just don't get it...

so funny, and agree, it's probably great fun to live there as a student...

not looking for a place at the moment, thank god, but there were a time I was searching for an apartment and I considered to name 'apartment search' to one of my new pastimes as it was so amusing/comedy to meet all this weirdness around...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Please excuse the zombie, but no point starting a new thread :D

Rental ad from Daft (no point posting URL as it will be gone soon):

Charming compact mews property €990 pm. 1 double, 1 single bedroom, kitchen/dining area, bright living room-3 windows, courtyard set in 2 acre 150 yr old garden, garden 5mins Killiney Dart ,5mins Luas P/R, and beach off street secure car parking 2-3 cars. Suit recluse or couple seeking privacy replies by email to [name] or phone [#] strictly office hours only

:eek::confused::pac:

I'm tempted to arrange a showing, turn up looking...eccentric...

*Monty Python voice* "Would you consider a hermit? I'm not sure if I qualify as a recluse. Do you know the difference? Does the house have a sound-proof cellar? Are the people in the big house friendly?"

From another, ahem, Daft ad:

“… Fully self contained, the apartment was refurbished c. 4 years ago to resemble a large bright air filled apartment. …”

:eek::confused::pac:

I don't even know where to go with this. Prob a SF short story :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Ok so it's not on daft.ie but it is a house for rent...check out the master bedroom.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tolet/3727670

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Ok so it's not on daft.ie but it is a house for rent...check out the master bedroom.

Sure, some challenge for a DIY enthusiast :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Lima Golf wrote: »

the Bathroom is bigger then my first room i rented....

I thought thought this typo was priceless, given the pretentious oboxiousness of the blurb:
    "[name of estate agents] Ltd is delighted to offer this unique one bed apartment to let,

Located on Collienore Road with idyllic sea views, this 1 bed own door apartment offers discerning single or professional couple the opportunity to live in the fashionable village of Dalkey.

Located by the sea, 10kms from Dublin city centre Dalkey has a village feel to it.

Combined with its Castle, multitude of cafes, restaurants, bars, DART rail station, harbour, shops and other local amenities Dalkey is the vibrant home to many celebrities and well healed members of society.

Recent visitors to this bustling historic village include Michelle Obama and Pearce Brosnan

The property comprises ...

Can’t yet think of a good joke for it, though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I thought thought this typo was priceless, given the pretentious oboxiousness of the blurb:

Can’t yet think of a good joke for it, though

that's not a typo just obnoxious.

Is the joke that you thought it was a typo ;)

D3PO wrote: »
    that's not a typo just obnoxious.

Is the joke that you thought it was a typo ;)

well–heeled = having plenty of money
    (and consequently having nice footwear, perhaps)

well-healed (yeah, there was a missed hyphen too) = ?
    Maybe having recovered well from injuries incurred during land squabbles?
    Or maybe there's a magic well in Dalkey that dispenses physical, mental or spiritual healing to residents?
    Etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement