Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Harvest Rally, Finn vally area...

Options
  • 03-10-2010 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all saying ive done a thread for the international rally, i thought i'd do one for this rally too. So if anyone wants to know any info, either too see if they will be effected, or wants rough info RE stages and times ask in here i'll do my best to tell ya...

The rally is on Next saturday, 9th oct, based out of the twin towns. Although the event isnt nowhere near as big as the international in June still expect a fair bit of traffic in stranorlar most of the day because service is being held at stranorlar mart (11.13 / 13.05 / 14.54, are the service times but i would try and avoid that area all day) and one of the stages starts at the entrance to drumboe woods but it is only being run once to minimise distruption, i know lots of people go to drumboe for walks ect but there will be no access by car from the main street from 15.30 till about 19.00 on saturday. You might be able to still walk in if you talk nice to the marshalls posted there, lol.

General stage locations are (these are roughly if ya intend following it buy a program, lol):

SS1/3 - from stranorlar golf course - convoy (road closed 08.45 - 14.15)
    SS2/4 - beltany stone circles (near raphoe) - near clady (close to the N15) - Castlefinn / raphoe road ( 09.00 - 14.45)
    SS5/7 - Trusk lough - along the border - just south of crossroads ( 12.30 - 18.00)
    SS6/8 - South of crossroads - runs near the castlefinn / castlederg road - finishes near liscooly
    SS9 - Drumboe woods - meenhanilta (near the windfarm) - Weslhtown - cloughan.

Hope this info helps. I'm mainly posting this as i know some people dislike the rally, and i would hate to just happen accross something i don't really like and have to go on a detour because of it, and if this info avoids that all the better.

P.S. You going to get out of town for the day muffler :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

P.S. You going to get out of town for the day muffler :p
    Like a bat out of hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

where is the finish ramp , jacksons ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

where is the finish ramp , jacksons ???

Yip at around about 17.30

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

never been to the harvest, can't wait, going for definite

can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

ill be taking part in this...keep an eye for the yellow and black yaris!!! (i kid you not) :D

never been at the harvest before, is scrutiny open to the public, if so where and when

do you know of any while good vantage points

feelpablo wrote: »
    ill be taking part in this...keep an eye for the yellow and black yaris!!! (i kid you not) :D

Kenneth McHales old car? that wee car has a 100% finish record doesn't it good going for any rally car!
    never been at the harvest before, is scrutiny open to the public, if so where and when

do you know of any while good vantage point

anyone can go to Scrutiny yeah but you usually wont be allowed to walk in and around where they do scrutiny (for obhious reasons) but your allowed to get fairly close, its on from 3pm - 8.30 PM at the indrustral estate near finn park (that as accurate as info as i can give you)

As for locations there are loads and loads of good locations, big jump, slippy junctions ect, if you intend following the whole day id say get a program / map, and go over the stages it only take about 2 hours to do all the stages are fairly close... the reason i say this is cos what i think is a good spot you could think is terrible...

do you know of any while good vantage points

Doing our recce run tomorrow so if i get the chance ill try and post here some good locations :)

im sure you can come along to scrutiny usually there is no problem eith the general public walking around...

Homer yeah its kenneths car all right, hopefully we can keep its record goin...keep an eye out for car 145

and to everyone particapating or spectating hope you all enjoy the day and the weather holds up :D

The first bastard to annoy my siesta should know in advance what to expect

4_Barrel_Shotgun_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Stupid rally ruining photography trip I had planned for tomorrow.

For shame Homer, for shame. :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yawwwwwn. Looks like I will have to do the ASDA run early

Ok.. Going through the gap.. Let's see what the craic is.

Bar a few boy racers in the gap all is very quiet.

It's not so quiet here now :D

Quite have rally traffic from and to side roads from Harkins fireplaces to killygordon. Traffic corps directing at mc clays corner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

muffler wrote: »
    It's not so quiet here now :D

Tell me about it! It was like waking up in the Big Brother house this morning, only a lot noisier - opened the blinds to a crowd of people outside our house:D

Was that a vicious lynch mob or are we still on topic? They probably thought they were outside Muffler's house :)

Half of the feckin country must have been outside my house today. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

irish1967 wrote: »
    Was that a vicious lynch mob or are we still on topic?

:D:D

The road is level with our upstairs. An eagle-eyed spectator could have got quite a "spectacle" through our bedroom window if I'd forgot the rally was on:eek:

Fair play though, no rubbish left after them, only 2 or 3 walked through our lawn and our fence is still standing, so overall - a result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

seems to have went very well alot off cars about and every second car was a cop car feckn hell ive never seen as meny cops in this town , but fair play to them all good to see it back again ,do you think you could handle it all next year again muffler:D.

great crowd where i was
    first time at this, thought it was a great rally

well done donegal MC

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Just back from the rally. Have to congratulate the motor club on an enjoyable, well organised and marshalled rally. We had perfect weather all day and it showed in the large spectator turnout. Good to see the hard hit Finn Valley area getting a little boost financially for a change. T'was a great family day out and i hope it can return here again next Autumn.

Its great to see some good comments on here apart from the few "muffled" groan's he he....

Had a good day snapping myself, enjoyed it. A lot of damaged cars after today though, gladly (like 99% of the time) nothing damaged but pride! I don't think i've ever seen as many jumps at a rally everywhere ya went the was a humpback bridge / dip / bump in the road not that i was complaining it was good to see a decent crowd turn out to watch the rally and all well behaved from what i seen.

As for the rally being back next year, fear not Muffler they usually do a rotation system for the Harvest rally base, every 5 / 6 years, that and depending on which hotel put up the most sponsership money, lol. Anyways heres a few snaps from today,and one for feelpablo too....

Winner (complete with broken suspension which has broke through the Bonnet)...
    5066047964_f59e5ec923_z.jpg

The boyle cousins from Glenties (winners of the Border Rally championship)...
    5065413125_50fe2ff8e1_z.jpg

Me messing with panning...
    5066073324_545ba42b51_z.jpg

Strabanes Pat Kirk GrpN winner....
    5065448387_976e5dc0b2_z.jpg

And our very own Feelpablo...
    5065512409_eeba6d8879_z.jpg

great shots and a great day was had....first time we had the car outr so the driver was gettin used to it!!! we were well off the pace in our class but we were glad to get the finish and also it gave me my points to win the navi's in the border :D

hope ther wasnt to much disruption for the people with no interest!!

and thanks to Homer Simpson for the photos :cool:

Advertisement