Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laws on the keeping of animals

Options
  • 03-10-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭

Our next door neighbours sold their house to the council in January and moved out. The family that moved in have been troublesome enough over the past few months, but last night upped it a notch. We were having friends over and as I answered the door to them there was a horse in the neighbours garden, tied down. It was gone this morning early so I imagine it was there for the horse event in Smithfield today.

I'm pretty annoyed about it to say the least. We live in an estate but its respectable enough. Thankfully my friends laughed it off but I was very embarrassed. We are looking to rent the house out soon too but I know if I was viewing a house with that next door I wouldnt be interested in living there.

My question is this, what are the laws regarding the keeping of animals on council property? I am ringing the council in the morning to complain but it would be helpful if I knew some background of what is and isn't allowed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm going to move this to the Accommodation & Property Forum, you'll probably get more knowledgeable people over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I knew someone in that situation. She rang the council, and they rang the neighbours within 5 min about the horse. So it's definitely not legal. I wouldn't let on it was you who complained though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

planetX wrote: »
    I knew someone in that situation. She rang the council, and they rang the neighbours within 5 min about the horse. So it's definitely not legal. I wouldn't let on it was you who complained though...

Yeah I would be wary of that. I got up for work this morning at 7am and there was all sorts of noise coming from their house. I went out to the car 15 mins later and one of the children was sitting on a completely different horse in the garden, where they'd obviously had it in the house overnight as it wasnt there last night when I got home. Him and the mother saw me staring at them so when I complain they know its gonna be me.

Advertisement