Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I tip my helmet to all city centre bikers!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Army bike test? Sounds interesting. What are bikes used for in the army anyway? Reconaissance, relaying messages when communications are down, or what?

YES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Do it to everyone! Except scooters :p

I give a wave like your mother gave you coming home after your first day of school, awwwww
    A real punch the air, going mad wave, bikers probably think I'm a fool

Everyone returns it.....except for those on Harleys???

Except Harleys??????? :eek:

I found that people did not nod me back. I'm a Harley driver.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I used to nod a lot but many don't nod back so now I don't really bother - but if someone nods at me I will definitely return. Unless of course it's a scooter :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Zascar wrote: »
    Unless of course it's a scooter :p

Feck yiz bikers,i'll nod only at my Scooter brethren from now on!:pac::pac:

If you see me on my Xmax give me a wave or a nod.;)

xmax125_img1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭rameire

lord lucan wrote: »
    Feck yiz bikers,i'll nod only at my Scooter brethren from now on!:pac::pac:

If you see me on my Xmax give me a wave or a nod.;)

xmax125_img1.jpg

had one of those.
    had to have the engine rebuilt a couple of times, also had the electrics replaced, and the coolant system replaced.
    and sold it on less than two years after original purchase.
    great bike though.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

rameire wrote: »
    had one of those.
    had to have the engine rebuilt a couple of times, also had the electrics replaced, and the coolant system replaced.
    and sold it on less than two years after original purchase.
    great bike though.

I've mine a couple of years. Still going strong and running smoothly. Lovely machine.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I nod at everyone on two wheels, sometimes even cyclists. Lots of them don't return nods, but most noticeably it's the motorcycle Gardaí, and the angry looking guys on Harleys, along with slightly scared / confused looking people on scooters who don't return it.

I was walking down Dawson street carrying my jacket and lid a month or so back and a biker gave me the nod - impressive observation skills!

Sometimes have a strained yelled conversation with other bikers at the lights as well. Mostly limited to "Nice bike mate" "Yeah, you too". "Take it easy" VROOOM

Advertisement