Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Blackpool match thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

**** off? 2? I don't have it on t.v here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Sickening, but Blackpool are by far the better side so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

wtf

Pool for the drop

What the fcuk was Johnson doing in that position for their goal.

I'm not one for over reactions but seriously...

Hodgson - F*** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wow.

Just wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

greetings wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what you're trying to say.

The poster said Fulham were a better side than Liverpool and you said what liverpool players would make it into the chelsea team

Hodgson gone by the end of the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I feel sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

WOW - did people hear them boo's - they'll be a riot before the end of the day. Another nail in Roy's anfield career coffin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Fair play to blackpool they havent been over awed by the occassion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Disgraceful scenes at Anfield. Fans well within their right to boo. Their is utter dog****. Its a shame we can only make 2 subs, because their about 7 out there who don't deserve to be anywhere near the side.

I'm at a stage now where i'd like to see Liverpool embarrassed further - Anything which proves Hodgson is not up to the job is good in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

mike65 wrote: »
    I can. Hodgson out.

There I said it.

I said from the Sunderland game that I would start judging him. Two games in and I can safely say that I ****ing agree, but he won't be sacked, not within the current situation at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Now we know how important Mascherano was. And why Gerrard should be nowhere near centre midfield. Where was the midfield for Blackpool's second goal? Unbelievable:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Even as Man United fan I have to say in some ways this is really sad to watch, yes I am serious.

But fair play to Blackpool deserve the 2 goal lead if honest.

niallo27 wrote: »
    The poster said Fulham were a better side than Liverpool and you said what liverpool players would make it into the chelsea team

No I said Fulham were a better team and I was merely making a comparison. The reason I compared them to Chelsea is that Liverpool fans expect to be challenging for the Premiership,unlike Fulham fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'll say it too. Hodgson out. Now if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

our club our beautiful club ruined absolutley ruined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

absolute rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fair play to Blackpool.

they've shown absolutely no fear, why should they, knowing Roy would have us back off when they're on the ball.

i've never seen teams so comfortable at Anfield than under Roy. it's madness. he just allows teams to do what they want.

Charlie Adam has been a class apart.

it's been frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

iMuse wrote: »

To be honest the way Liverpool have played this season its not hard, every team bar Arsenal have come to Anfield this season and bossed the game. Liverpool were just lucky to get that 1-0 win over West Brom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Wow. Just heard the score on Sky :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

It's an opinion,not talking ****. Liverpool having a great history and all doesn't mean they will constantly have a great time. They have 3 very good players:Reina,Gerrard and Torres when he isn't injured. I genuinely don't think any of the rest of them would make it into a Chelsea or Arsenal team,maybe bar Agger.

I would agree with this. Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, J.Cole, Kuyt, Carra are good players but not title winning players. Being beaten by Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd is no disgrace as in comparison we are just not good enough.

But what is disgraceful is the performances against the lesser sides like Blackpool.

When you see a side with lads playing out of position then you know we are in trouble and the manager is starting to lose it, even so quickly in Hodgsons case.

Play lads in their natural position and if they don't perform ship them out. Does anyone on here honestly think that Meireles is a right winger?????

Whats depressing is the fact there seems to be no plan.

and as I write this 0-2 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

This cant be marked down to bad luck, bedding in, or a hangover from last season. Not any more. We are in very real danger of the drop if we don't get our act together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I feel bad for the Liverpool fans. Is there a realistic possibility that Hodgson will be sacked after this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Too easy to blame the manager. People are acting as if Hodgson is ruining a good team. He's having to play some rubbish at the moment.

God I'd be ****tin it to be the guy in the gambling forum who put 3500 on Blackpool to be relegated at 2/7 before the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Blackpool have been good, Liverpool have been.. what we've come to expect.

The blame lies with Purslow. He needs to man up and admit he made a mistake. Kenny was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

iMuse wrote: »

The only thing the might be slightly in awe of is the Kop and Anfield being a prestigious ground but playing against this Liverpool team they've absolutely no reason to be afraid.

They're well worth their lead, they've played better football.

I'm not even angry with Liverpool or Roy anymore, I don't want to discuss where we're going wrong - I just want it to stop...now because this is a fúckin nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think I should be enjoying this fall from grace...but I'm not really.

• Advertisement

Glen Johnson at fault for both goals.

Kelly on at halftime please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Firstly, Blackpool have been quality. Completely deserve their lead.

Liverpool are now in a relegation battle with games against Everton and Chelsea coming up.

God knows what Chelsea are gonna do to is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Says something about how the team has been playing when I'm not actually shocked we are two nil down to Blackpool.

People can talk about owners and lack of money all they like but that first half and this season's performances is down to the players themselves and mainly to Roy.

His tactics are woeful, team selectoins and formations dire, style of football is to get valliant goalless draws in Utrecht.

He is not up to this job and he could be gone in 10 days.

Definitely gone whenever new owners come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

"It was a good performance. We were unlucky to lose Nando so early on, but we battled hard. We were unfortunate in a way to concede from a penalty, but I'm happy that we tested their goalkeeper. He made a few comfortable saves, but we got shots on target and that's what you need to do at this level. This isn't a bad result, not nearly as bad as Aston Villa did against them so when you look at it that way, we're making progress."

It would not surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

This **** aint looking good:mad:

Jayob10 wrote: »
    I would agree with this. Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, J.Cole, Kuyt, Carra are good players but not title winning players. Being beaten by Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd is no disgrace as in comparison we are just not good enough.

But what is disgraceful is the performances against the lesser sides like Blackpool.

When you see a side with lads playing out of position then you know we are in trouble and the manager is starting to lose it, even so quickly in Hodgsons case.

Play lads in their natural position and if they don't perform ship them out. Does anyone on here honestly think that Meireles is a right winger?????

Whats depressing is the fact there seems to be no plan.

and as I write this 0-2 :mad:

I think it does show something when Chelsea let Joe Cole leave on a free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

SlickRic wrote: »
    fair play to Blackpool.

Charlie Adam has been a class apart.

it's been frightening.

I'm really beginning to like Blackpool. Sure they'll get hammered a good bit this year but they really play the game in the right way.

Would totally love it if they stayed up.

Adams is class alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

f**k it i'll take dalglish - no experience in 15 years has to be better than tripe i've seen from us in the past few months...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

:eek: cant believe this.. What was wrong with torres?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Honestly the club has been destroyed on and off the field, I was one who welcomed the appointment of Roy (Although not my first choice) - thanks Rafa for the memories and kick on with the rebuilding Roy - now I don't know what to say.

It looks like he simply is not up to the job and I wish and wonder would it have been any different under King Kenny (My first choice to replace Rafa) we just might see him back on the touchline before Christmas if results keep coming like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Johnson join a main rival too.

portsmouth are chelsea's rivals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hodgson in tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

People who say we are too good to be in the relegation zone need to wise up because its quite clear to see that we are absolutely atrocious & at this moment in time deserve to be there. We are actually a million miles away from challenging to be a top 10 team , its pathetic & disheartening to watch. Meireles is not a fcuking right winger first off , i mean jesus why do we buy players & then play them out of position . The whole team deserves a giant boot up the arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Not surprised in the slightest at this. Some posters lol'd at me last week when I said we would have a relegation fight on our hands this season if hodgson remained. He is completely clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Now we know how important Mascherano was. And why Gerrard should be nowhere near centre midfield. Where was the midfield for Blackpool's second goal? Unbelievable:mad:

NAil on the head. First Alonso, now Mascherano. On and off the ball we've lost our 2 most important players.

The space in midfield is absolutely insane. There appears to be no tactics. A lot of people bemoaning Rafa's 'negative' tactics surely have to eat humble pie. This is ridiculous, it's like watching abunch of kids play, absolutely no tactical awareness in defence or midfield off the ball

Liverpool fans-Would ye have liked to see Houllier back? Surely he would have took the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

SuperEagle wrote: »
    I feel bad for the Liverpool fans. Is there a realistic possibility that Hodgson will be sacked after this?

No. He might walk, but he won't be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Blackpool have been good, Liverpool have been.. what we've come to expect.

The blame lies with Purslow. He needs to man up and admit he made a mistake. Kenny was right.

Sorry but I cannot blame Purslow for the spineless showings from the players nor the clueless tactics of the manager.

No urgency or heart from the players at all. There are still some big names who are meant to be top class players on the pitch for Liverpool, and as usual they go hiding.

Plus there is a manager at the helm who does not look like he has a clue what to do when his gameplan of defending uber deep does not work.

Meireles at right wing? Tactical genius there alright.

portsmouth are chelsea's rivals?

Sorry i forgot he went to Portsmouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

I am Jack's complete and utter lack of surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Have all the promoted teams ever stayed up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement