Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Blackpool match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

If only Milan Manderic owned our club :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

When I read earlier in this thread that the Blackpool players were taking pictures of the Kop before kick off, I couldn't help but think that it was going to be a repeat of the slaughtering they got at the Emirates and at the Bridge. I'm a United fan, but I post this in shock and I have a ton of sympathy for all Liverpool fans as I know quite a few and they're some of the nicest lads around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Too easy to blame the manager. People are acting as if Hodgson is ruining a good team. He's having to play some rubbish at the moment.

Blackpool, WBA, Northampton, Birmingham . . . have all played even more "rubbish" against us, and completely outplayed us.

It's an absolute disgrace. He has to go, and now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Disgrace. Hodgson has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Maybe The King and Rush will be in the dugout for the second half. I can dream...

f**k it i'll take dalglish - no experience in 15 years has to be better than tripe i've seen from us in the past few months...

Anyone at this stage.

Mike Bassett are you listening??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Sad.
    I'm one for being quite jovial when Liverpool lose, but fúck me it's very sad at this stage. I honestly hope that they don't do a Leeds or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

f**k it i'll take dalglish - no experience in 15 years has to be better than tripe i've seen from us in the past few months...

Eh, he was with Newcastle but I understand where you're coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Anfield PA

"Could Mr Dalglish make his way towards the dug out?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Glen Johnson at fault for both goals.

Kelly on at halftime please.

Fairly sure he's injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

from bbc

1551:
    More bad news for Liverpool fans - I'm reliably informed by Infostrada Sports that the last time the Reds came from a goal down to win a Premier League match was more than a year ago, and two years since they did so at Anfield. The last time they won after being 2-0 down was six years ago, and 11 years since they did so at Anfield. Blimey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

greetings wrote: »
    **** off? 2? I don't have it on t.v here :(
    liveziz have a top quality stream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

6 years since Liverpool came from 2 goals down to win at home.

Edit: Beaten to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rafa sure left a great squad behind him. He has blood on his hands for this farce as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

SlickRic wrote: »
    Blackpool running the show, with ease.

2-0.

excellent.

They play some good football to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

monkey9 wrote: »
    Firstly, Blackpool have been quality. Completely deserve their lead.

Liverpool are now in a relegation battle with games against Everton and Chelsea coming up.

God knows what Chelsea are gonna do to is!

At least they won't be able to throw this one, this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

gimmick wrote: »
    Rafa sure left a great squad behind him. He has blood on his hands for this farce as well.

Mascherano must be laughing in the sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

mike65 wrote: »
    I can. Hodgson out.

There I said it.

+1

Another shocking performance. What is going on ? Is Hodgson the ****ing manager of the team or the cheerleading squad. Its as if these players truly believe they are superstars and only have to turn out to win a game.
    Enough f**king pampering. Either they want to play for Liverpool FC or they take a walk. And if a manager can't manage, well......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I want Steve G to score one though, I have him on my FF team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

from bbc

1551:
    More bad news for Liverpool fans - I'm reliably informed by Infostrada Sports that the last time the Reds came from a goal down to win a Premier League match was more than a year ago, and two years since they did so at Anfield. The last time they won after being 2-0 down was six years ago, and 11 years since they did so at Anfield. Blimey.

Blimey my arse. Hardly ever losing at half time!

• Advertisement

I'm pleased to see Holloway doing well, though, he's a legend.

Holloway for Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Archimedes wrote: »

Maybe because its been that long since they were 0-2 at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Blackpool, WBA, Northampton, Birmingham . . . have all played even more "rubbish" against us, and completely outplayed us.

It's an absolute disgrace. He has to go, and now.

In fairness to the guy, Mascherano leaves. Benayoun leaves. Uncertainty over the club's future. Today, his best striker goes off injured. His first choice left-back isn't there. Kyrgiakos is playing. Johnson can't defend atm. Cole hasn't shown much. Likewise Poulsen.

I can understand the frustration but he hasn't gone from perhaps the best coach in England last season to suddenly being a bad coach.

He has some sh*te on his plate right now.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I'm pleased to see Holloway doing well, though, he's a legend.

Holloway for Liverpool?

They'd probably want a big name manager.
    Mourinho?:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Holloway for Liverpool?

he'd get us playing without fear anyway.

i'm so impressed with Blackpool under him.

liveziz have a top quality stream

Can you pm the link, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Lol what a load of tripe

In fairness to the guy, Mascherano leaves. Benayoun leaves. Uncertainty over the club's future. Today, his best striker goes off injured. His first choice left-back isn't there. Kyrgiakos is playing. Johnson can't defend atm. Cole hasn't shown much. Likewise Poulsen.

I can understand the frustration but he hasn't gone from perhaps the best coach in England last season to suddenly being a bad coach.

I never thought he was up to the job, tbh, nearly sure I said it around here somewhere. Plenty of my Liverpool supporting friends agreed with me, whilst the United ones disagreed. He's a mid-table manager at best, imo.

I was a major critic of Rafa but he cannot be blamed for this. If you can't get the players we have to put in a performance against blackpool at Anfield then your not the man for the job

SlickRic wrote: »
    he'd get us playing without fear anyway.

i'm so impressed with Blackpool under him.

I really think he deserves a shot at a big club, Blackpool are making nearly everyone, including me, eat their wordsso far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

N'Gog really should have scored there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

When I and a lot of other people pointed out that Rafa was the only thing holding the club together we were laughed at.

This is a true reflection of where liverpool are at.

Hodgson is all you could get as you are broke and no one wants the job with the behind the scenes nonsense.

Inter are flying.

aqualini on LOAN??? every game he started Liverpool won. Go figure

I really think he deserves a shot at a big club, Blackpool are making nearly everyone, including me, eat their wordsso far this season.

But couldn't you have said the same about Hodgson last season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

I never thought he was up to the job, tbh, nearly sure I said it around here somewhere. Plenty of my Liverpool supporting friends agreed with me, whilst the United ones disagreed. He's a mid-table manager at best, imo.

Surely they'd be happy with that at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This is really a relegation 6 pointer, wow

Mister men wrote: »
    Lol what a load of tripe

Rafa bought half the shít that has almost rotted the Liverpool squad. I think he has a lot to answer for, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he was not the best coach in England last season, Fulham went from 7th to 11th in the league last season. he got the job at Anfield because of a good run in the Uefa Cup & the media love in that ensued as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I dont like bringing up Benitez but it funny how with some oppo fans when we we doing badly under Benitez it was his fault but when we're doing badly under Roy it's the players fault.

When a team is consistantly bad it's ALWAYS the managers fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

We've become so bad that even United supporters have sympathy for us.

We're really in a relegation battle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I read Carragher's commments the other day and it sounded like there are players at the club sticking their nose into the financial side of things which they shouldn't be. They are paid to perform on the pitch and thats the only thing they should be concentrating on.

That has to be sorted out before they can even think about improving on the pitch tbh. Its up to the manager to sort that out in fairness and if he can't then he has to take the blame for it.

You have to wonder how that all started though, was it a case of Rafa getting players involved in this stuff last year? That would explain the drop in form last season.

This game isn't over by a long shot, Blackpool are very poor at the back. Joe Cole is the one I'd take off, he lacks the brains imo to work with Kuyt. Move Gerrard up there is what I think might work.

greetings wrote: »
    But couldn't you have said the same about Hodgson last season?

Completely different personalities and styles, Holloway would do a better job of it, imo.
    Surely you'd be happy with that at this stage

I support United.:confused:

Completely different personalities and styles, Holloway would do a better job of it, imo.

I support United.:confused:

More attacking and outgoing,you're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

tok9 wrote: »

Well, no-one likes to a great team slump like this.

And, tbh, Man Utd are also in debt with American owners, and possibly facing a manager change when God retires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

tok9 wrote: »

Don't worry, some of us still have none ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

L'pool will come back into it in the 2nd half, probably will get a peno at some point knowing their jammyness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Impressed with how daycent my fellow United fans are being in here. I'll repeat what I said last week, seeing ye fall like this stopped being funny a while back, its just sad now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

he really doesn't tbh.

the squad Rafa left should at the minimum have been challenging for the CL this season (as they did last season with horrible horrible injuries). instead we are genuinely looking at a potential relegation battle.

getting rid of the man is quickley being shown to be one of the worst decisions the club has ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

The worrying thing is we all know Hodgson won't be sacked because of the ownership debacle .... We just have to hope he has a bit of pride and quits after this 'performance' and i use that term lightly because they haven't performed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

from bbc

1551:
    Archimedes wrote: »

What about vs Man City in 2008 :confused:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Don't worry, some of us still have none ;)

Always thought you were a United fan at heart!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement