Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Blackpool match thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

get in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What about vs Man City in 2008 :confused:

hey dont blame messenger, been pointed out on website now too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Get the **** in there Soto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Really shows the direction some clubs have gone. I mean,look at Tottenham. Help for Torres should have arrived during the summer in a big name move. Joe Cole on a free wouldn't constitute that. No one would want N'Gog leading the line for the whole season if something were to happen Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Very smart quick free kick from Gerrard. Good finish from Kyrgiakos(sp?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

come on!!!

Great header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Great Header,

Game on again,

Next goal if there is one is as they say crucial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Comeback's on. Stevie G to win it late on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Great header - push on now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

2-1 Blackpool - good header by the Greek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Nah, thats just patching the cracks. Even if we beat them 10-2, that first half is a clear indicator that Hogdson isn't up to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Come on ffs

Ah get the **** up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

flahavaj wrote: »
    Impressed with how daycent my fellow United fans are being in here. I'll repeat what I said last week, seeing ye fall like this stopped being funny a while back, its just sad now tbh.

i would be too, but Utd fans never had sympathy for us under Rafa.

i preferred that in hindsight.

:o

thats its pick ball out of net and get on with it,,
    gerrard would be still sliding around milking that goal if it was him that scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i didn't think it could get worse, but it has, at times i think hodgeson should be given a chance as we simply dont have the players, on the other hand i already fear he could be gone by xmas.

look at fergie, it was a few years before he won anything then they became one of the best sides of their generation, would love a similar thing to happen at anfield, but at the mo cant see it happening or where its going to come from.

*edit just pulled one back, but not getting too excited just yet.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

That a boy Soto - our only central defender in years who has looked like scoring goals , since the days of Hyppia .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Get in, nice one Soto.

• Advertisement

Game on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

greetings wrote: »
    Really shows the direction some clubs have gone. I mean,look at Tottenham. Help for Torres should have arrived during the summer in a big name move. Joe Cole on a free wouldn't constitute that. No one would want N'Gog leading the line for the whole season if something were to happen Torres.
    When Cole signed everyone was raving about him though he was the reason Torres and Gerrard stayed aswell supposedly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

eagle eye wrote: »
    Very smart quick free kick from Gerrard. Good finish from Kyrgiakos(sp?)

I thought the ref said - wait for the whistle, and ran away and stevie took it. Did the ref actually blow the whistle? Don't think so - but fúck it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Note: Liverpool goal had nothing to do with Steven Gerrard contributing from "centre midfield".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

SlickRic wrote: »

Wasn't as bad under Rafa, though, that was when it was at the comedic stage.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

I think at the moment the liverpool job is like the england job, we are unmanageable.

Too many external factors, as much as Hodgson intended to focus solely on the football side of things, Liverpools current plight casts such a huge shadow not only the club, but also the people and the whole city.

This isn't another sentimental bullsh*t post about how great the club is, but the scousers see the club more as a way of life rather than just a passing interest in football. They invest so much emotion into it.

The pressure of being liverpool manager is immense and it takes a certain main to live up to expectation and i think Hodgson is certainly understanding the enormity of the task now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The Greek must be the genuine threat we have in the air from corners and free kicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    he was not the best coach in England last season, Fulham went from 7th to 11th in the league last season. he got the job at Anfield because of a good run in the Uefa Cup & the media love in that ensued as a result.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the Liverpool fans slating Hodgson now were singing his praises during his Europa League run. Plus Fulham's league form was always going to be affected by their Europa League exploits. Liverpool under Rafa went from a top four side to one outside it and that was with a better squad than Hodgson has.

I can recall in fact yourself wondering when those who admired Hodgson would turn on him because he was now managing Liverpool. In fact, it seems the Liverpool fans are the ones doing this at present.
    I dont like bringing up Benitez but it funny how with some oppo fans when we we doing badly under Benitez it was his fault but when we're doing badly under Roy it's the players fault.

When a team is consistantly bad it's ALWAYS the managers fault.

I agree with gimmick though that part of the problem is the mess Hodgson inherited. This situation is not Roy's doing. He's having to hold together a very shaky club and team that has lost big characters.

As for Rafa doing well at Inter, of course he is. He's managing the champions of Europe! Even Mourinho said he had left Rafa a great legacy and I doubt Hodgson or honest Liverpool fans would say the same regarding Hodgson.

come on lads.

let's get it going now!

niallo27 wrote: »
    The Greek must be the genuine threat we have in the air from corners and free kicks
    i agree, calling him ''the greek'' is alot easier that trying to spell it :D

Ah bollocks.

• Advertisement

sssooooooooo close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hopefully going 2 nil down before half time gave them the kick in the arse that they needed.

I like this change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Right, finally, a sub that Roy's got right

I hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

About time Meireles is put in the middle

Thank god Poulsen is off

poulsen off.... a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Jova on for Poulsen - thank fu*k - Jova out to prove them bill**** quotes wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Good substitution. Jovanovic on for Poulsen, gives us another attacking option..plus Poulsen is woeful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

jova better do something after all hes talk

well done Roy.

Miereles in the middle now where he should be

• Advertisement

Liverpool will score again now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Coming back to win a game from 0-2 is the type of thing that can turn a corner for the team, could galvanise them.

Positive substitution, there was no need for poulsen on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I agree with gimmick though that part of the problem is the mess Hodgson inherited. This situation is not Roy's doing. He's having to hold together a very shaky club and team that has lost big characters.

As for Rafa doing well at Inter, of course he is. He's managing the champions of Europe! Even Mourinho said he had left Rafa a great legacy and I doubt Hodgson or honest Liverpool fans would say the same regarding Hodgson.

So Rafa is to blame for whats going on at the moment at Liverpool but can't take credit for how he's doing at Inter?

You've got a strange outlook on things i'll give you that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Liverpool will win it I reckon. It's asking a lot for this Blackpool team to hold out for the full 90.
    So Rafa is to blame for whats going on at the moment at Liverpool but can't take credit for how he's doing at Inter?

You've got a strange outlook on things i'll give you that.

My outlook is that football isn't like Football Manager and it takes more than just a few weeks for a club to become a success. If that's strange, so be it. Too many fans these days want to blame the manager when things go wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

daithijjj wrote: »
    Coming back to win a game from 0-2 is the type of thing that can turn a corner for the team, could galvanise them.

Would anyone believe it couldn't happen again next game..?

heavy touch from jove there.... they need to keep the pressure up. Blackpool will get their wind back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

SlickRic wrote: »

Wasn't as bad under Rafa, though, that was when it was at the comedic stage.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

greetings wrote: »
    I think it does show something when Chelsea let Joe Cole leave on a free

What we'd do for Benny now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Johnston is doing what he does well.... attack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I don't think Blackpool are good enough defensively to hold out here.

Advertisement