Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Blackpool match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

I agree with gimmick though that part of the problem is the mess Hodgson inherited. This situation is not Roy's doing. He's having to hold together a very shaky club and team that has lost big characters.

As for Rafa doing well at Inter, of course he is. He's managing the champions of Europe! Even Mourinho said he had left Rafa a great legacy and I doubt Hodgson or honest Liverpool fans would say the same regarding Hodgson.

How about Hodgson not having the courage to play Gerrard in his correct position? A major part of the problem today is that Liverpool are not controlling the game; go figure:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Blackpool nearly in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah **** off Stevie with your hollywood ball bull****. He had plenty of time there.

Liverpool's defence is collectively brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

dfx- wrote: »
    Would anyone believe it couldn't happen again next game..?

When you cross the line, only the players can do it. What joe in the street 'believes' is not relevant to my point really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lollerific defending from Kyriakos. Stay on your feet ffs

That was some run. Pity he fcuked it up at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm pretty sure a lot of the Liverpool fans slating Hodgson now were singing his praises during his Europa League run. Plus Fulham's league form was always going to be affected by their Europa League exploits. Liverpool under Rafa went from a top four side to one outside it and that was with a better squad than Hodgson has.

I can recall in fact yourself wondering when those who admired Hodgson would turn on him because he was now managing Liverpool. In fact, it seems the Liverpool fans are the ones doing this at present.

I agree with gimmick though that part of the problem is the mess Hodgson inherited. This situation is not Roy's doing. He's having to hold together a very shaky club and team that has lost big characters.

As for Rafa doing well at Inter, of course he is. He's managing the champions of Europe! Even Mourinho said he had left Rafa a great legacy and I doubt Hodgson or honest Liverpool fans would say the same regarding Hodgson.

people praised Roy cause he deserved i, he took a poor-average team & did well in a cup, that deserves praise, it should not result in being offered the managers job at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Liverpool underperformed massively last season & were riddled with injuries to their best players all year long, they missed out on the CL place by a tiny bit in the end...we were told Rafa had to leave cause the players didn't believe in him anymore & his abilities as a manager were resulting in the team underperforming massively.

this has been shown to be 100% totally wrong.

we've had our full team available virtually all season but yet the team is now performing worse than ever, the players who had issue with Benitez have subsequently been sold anyway-along with one of our best players who was on the verge of signing a new deal before benitez got the bullet. players who were 100% behind him are now underperforming massively, the new manager is having a go at fans in the media & genuinely embarrasing the club with the **** he is speaking in the media. we've also, with our genuinely ****e changes in the summer, guarunteed our only genuinely world class player will be leaving next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Meireles is a tidy CM - first time seeing him in his proper position really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What does Johnson actually offer for Liverpool? He's as useless going forward as he is defending :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I don't know what's more worrying. The fact i expected this type of performance or the genuine thought that if we get docked 9 points it could spell at the end of this club. We are so poor it actually hurts to watch us play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How about Hodgson not having the courage to play Gerrard in his correct position? A major part of the problem today is that Liverpool are not controlling the game; go figure:mad:

Liverpool have not controlled any game under Roy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've only tuned into the stream of this game about 6/7 minutes ago while watching the Chelsea - Arsenal game on TV, and to be honest I'm absolutely astonished at how easy Blackpool are able to break against Liverpool, I can see this ending 2-2 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Does anyone have the sopcast channel for this? streams are brutal today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cole should've been booked for dissent there imo

Also, I'm a tad too lazy to look back, but what was Torres subbed for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Joe Cole needs get back playing and stop ****ing the ref

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Nailz wrote: »
    Also, I'm a tad too lazy to look back, but what was Torres subbed for?

Groin injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Joe Cole needs get back playing and stop ****ing the ref

Lahvley mental picture.:pac:

We deserve nowt from this game. This makes the Souness years look like fantasy football.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

liveziz is perfect stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

There is nothing you could watch on sopcast.

http://www.iilemi.com/9619/3/Watch-Liverpool-FC-vs-Blackpool-FC/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jovanovic is completely brainless.

look the f*ck up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

v share on liveziz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

blackpool are giving us every chance, there not sitting back, their giving us room to play,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

blackpool just keep coming at us

How is that not a second yellow?

this will end 2-1.

we've no ideas going forward, bar go wide and lob it in.

Soto is hopeless on the floor

• Advertisement

Kyriakos is on thin ice by the look of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Soto very lucky there.

argosy2006 wrote: »
    blackpool are giving us every chance, there not sitting back, their giving us room to play,

Would help if ye had the ball though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    people praised Roy cause he deserved i, he took a poor-average team & did well in a cup, that deserves praise, it should not result in being offered the managers job at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Liverpool underperformed massively last season & were riddled with injuries to their best players all year long, they missed out on the CL place by a tiny bit in the end...we were told Rafa had to leave cause the players didn't believe in him anymore & his abilities as a manager were resulting in the team underperforming massively.

this has been shown to be 100% totally wrong.

we've had our full team available virtually all season but yet the team is now performing worse than ever, the players who had issue with Benitez have subsequently been sold anyway-along with one of our best players who was on the verge of signing a new deal before benitez got the bullet. players who were 100% behind him are now underperforming massively, the new manager is having a go at fans in the media & genuinely embarrasing the club with the **** he is speaking in the media. we've also, with our genuinely ****e changes in the summer, guarunteed our only genuinely world class player will be leaving next summer.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Liverpool finished second and were close to clinching the title and yet declined rapidly from that point. Benitez has to take responsibility for that. A top 4 spot was pretty much a minimum requirement and he missed out on it. Personally I was unsure about whether Liverpool ought to part ways with Benitez considering the circumstances of the club, but it happened in the end and it is what it is.

Can I ask you two things - who would you have liked/would like in place of Hodgson? And do you accept he has a lot of baggage from the last manager to deal with as he tries to implement his plans on the club?

I think Hodgson leaving could open up another can of worms and that they should give him time. I'd say he will get it. He's a good coach imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jaysus that was terrible defending

LOL @ Kuyt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Can I ask you two things - who would you have liked/would like in place of Hodgson? And do you accept he has a lot of baggage from the last manager to deal with as he tries to implement his plans on the club?

In place of Hodgson?
    Benitez never should have been sacked, paying the gut of £10m to replace him with Hodgson was beyond embarrasing.

Lot of baggage to deal with?
    Yes absolutely, not so much from the previous manager, more the lack of investment in the team over the last 3 years & the ownership situation at the club.

we're still sitting off them when they have the ball!

unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Blackpool 68% possession in last 5 minutes. Says it all.

Blackpool are playing some great fearless football, all credit to them!

The only thing that dulls my pain here is the fact i've money on Blackpool to win. Seemed like a no brainer watching our last few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Liverpool 2 - 1 down to Blackpool at home with 5 mins to go,

and they can't be bothered putting the Blackpool players under pressure when they are on the ball??

That is baffling, no effort at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

N'gogs done nothing this half

Oh good Maxis on we're saved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Here's a game changer if I ever saw one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Maxi on in the 89th min. How inspiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That substitution is just too late. Cole should have been off ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How is that a freekick and Adam can handle the ball and not give away a freekick

Hands up who thinks Torres will be still here come January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Mister men wrote: »

I'll put my hand up because he has to be here come January. :pac:

Where he will be come February is anyones guess mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Mister men wrote: »

In fairness, he might be better off, he doesn't deserve the crap that is going on around him at the moment.:mad: I will wish him well if he does go.

Can someone explain to me why hodgson is still sat in his fuc king seat???

• Advertisement
Advertisement