Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Blackpool match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

this place would usually be a bicth fest after a performance like that but I'd say rival fans actually feel sorry us now

dont be to sure you will still have people fishing for bites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

SlickRic wrote: »
    but it's not a famous day to beat Liverpool at Anfield anymore.

Yep, a few fans could actually see this coming.

The excuses have worn thin after today, I can't see a way out of it for Roy by staying.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Adam chap gets better and better every week. Cant believe Rangers let him for almost nothing hes brilliant.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

icon_neutral.gif

First time in the relegation zone since 1964 at the end of a matchday. Christ almighty.

edit- piss off Tony Gale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

liverpool will be relegated before christmas

sonnky wrote: »
    liverpool will be relegated before christmas

I LOL'ed but on second thoughts..................

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

icon_neutral.gif

First time in the relegation zone since 1964 at the end of a matchday. Christ almighty.

pmsl what sort of stat is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Any quotes from Roy after this one?

Can't wait to hear what he has to say.

If he wants to stay in this job he can't come with the crap he did after Utrecht.

He needs to apologise and say it's not good enough from him or the players and that he won't accept it and will change things.

If he says that losing Torres was key to the game I'll put my foot through my TV!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just mentioned on SSN

Just mentioned on SSN

SSN nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I kind of seen that Liverpool were going further downhill after last season, but at the moment it's eminent that it's a lot worse than anyone else could've possibly expected, it's shocking to be honest. I can't see how getting rid of Hodgson will make much of a difference, it'll just put Liverpool back to square one in my opinion, the team has overcome some amount of change over the summer, new manager, one of their best players left for Spain (same as Alonso last summer, who I'm a big fan of), a great amount of firstteam/squad additions will take a while to gel. It's not all Hodgson's fault, partially maybe.

Although I fail to see where and how they'll turn the tables their way, and their future is unforeseeable at this particular moment in time. They remind me of Leeds all those years ago, a team that shouldn't really be struggling with the quality and depth, dodgy owners, board problems and also a big club with lots of fans and history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

we can play when were 1-0 down, 2-0 down. but no way are we playing at 0-0!
    Roy won't stand for that!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i think its exactly what it says on the tin.

;)

we are in the relegation zone, the very last place we want to be, and for a club with such a history the very last place they should be as well.

a serious shake up is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Getting rid of Hodgson would solve nothing.

But getting rid of Rafa did?? How the f*ck can you spend months and months slagging off Rafa and calling for him to go and then post the above!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nailz wrote: »
    I can't see how getting rid of Hodgson will make much of a difference, it'll just put Liverpool back to square one in my opinion, .

Square 1 was finishing 7th. This is much, much worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

would be ironic if Roy quit due to the pressure ,and man who quit due to the pressure takes over

irish-stew wrote: »
    i think its exactly what it says on the tin.

;)

we are in the relegation zone, the very last place we want to be, and for a club with such a history the very last place they should be as well.

a serious shake up is needed.

the most pointless stat ever seriously, im sure Liverpool must have lost an openeing game at the start of the season once 'to be in the relegation zone at the end of matchday' SSN for u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Relegation is a serious issue now lads. no creativity at all in your side.

Today was very very embarasing and ye are the laughing stock of the league.

Question is - was Rafa a great coach as he somehow managed to get a decent performance out of that group of players?

There are some serious questions that need to be asked about your players. Are they actually any good? Kuyt and Ngog should not be Liverpool players in my opinion if you compare them to some of the greats ye have had over the years.

Just waiting for the "youa are too good to go down" post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

argosy2006 wrote: »
    would be ironic if Roy quit due to the pressure ,and man who quit due to the pressure takes over
    In fairness the pressure back then was a little different don't you think? Health issues were what made KD quit IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

As a United fan it'd be easy to have a good laugh at Liverpools misfortune, but to be honest it could end up happening to us eventually.

Hopefully the big clubs who built traditions by building their clubs from the ground up won't be driven from the top table of football because they cant compete financially with City and Chelsea.

I still hate Liverpool, but I still hope they don't drop like stone into obscurity.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

monkey9 wrote: »
    But getting rid of Rafa did?? How the f*ck can you spend months and months slagging off Rafa and calling for him to go and then post the above!!!

Rafa had lost the plot and the dressing room. We'll wait n see if Roy loses the dressing room??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the most pointless stat ever seriously, im sure Liverpool must have lost an openeing game at the start of the season once 'to be in the relegation zone at the end of matchday' SSN for u

fair enough it doesn't tell the full story, after match day one or two its a pointless stat, but after match day seven, its a very worrying sign, i still their too good to get relageted, but if it continues after a few more match days, then i'll be starting to get the jitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

"It's a very bad start to the season. It's a start we could not envisage. It's been a strange season so far but we are very unhappy we have only got six points from seven games."
    Thats what roy said according to the BBC after the game

nullzero wrote: »
    As a United fan it'd be easy to have a good laugh at Liverpools misfortune, but to be honest it could end up happening to us eventually.

Hopefully the big clubs who built traditions by building their clubs from the ground up won't be driven from the top table of football because they cant compete financially with City and Chelsea.

I still hate Liverpool, but I still hope they don't drop like stone into obscurity.

I agree with the part in bold I really cant stand City and Chelsea all their success is hollow and bad for the game

• Advertisement

iMuse wrote: »
    Thats what roy said according to the BBC after the game

Just seen it on SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Stekelly wrote: »
    Square 1 was finishing 7th. This is much, much worse.
    In fairness it's hard to follow on ahead with so much change going on in your club after finishing last season, Rafa left Roy a fallen team that were only going to fizzle out with their best years past them, peaking when you were trying to push us to the title. I agree, another manager could do a bit better with a great manager, but a great manager who promises instant progression is very hard to come across.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Comical result today. They should be embarrised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I agree with the part in bold I really cant stand City and Chelsea all their success is hollow and bad for the game

What city success? They've won nothing yet:(

Ya stop blaming City for your awful performances. At least they are passing the ball around and trying the play decent football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rafa had lost the plot and the dressing room. We'll wait n see if Roy loses the dressing room??

Nonsense.

You only wish to continue peddling that bollox because as one those shouting loudest last season for him to go & blaming him for our problems, this season has shown how truly idiotic you were being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Super Tangarines

irish-stew wrote: »
    fair enough it doesn't tell the full story, after match day one or two its a pointless stat, but after match day seven, its a very worrying sign, i still their too good to get relageted, but if it continues after a few more match days, then i'll be starting to get the jitters.

I doubt if Liverpool will go down, they are one of the Sky Sports much loved clubs and some rich sugar daddy will come in and save them

they won today ;) and will be winning buying the Premiership soon enuff

Wasn't a certain "King Kenny" involved in recruiting Hodgson as manager??? Maybe the finger(s) should be pointed at him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Everyone's over reacting. They just had a bad start. A win against Everton and they'll be flying. Wait and see.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Everyone's over reacting. They just had a bad start. A win against Everton and they'll be flying. Wait and see.

Same was said before this match.

:pac: funniest thing I have read in a long long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Did anyone see Roy's post match interview yet ?

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ah now, a bad start would be 12th place, not 17th.

Wasn't a certain "King Kenny" involved in recruiting Hodgson as manager??? Maybe the finger(s) should be pointed at him??

No, once he decided he had interest in the job he had no part.

Even before then he was only asked for his opinions & then the decision was to be made by Purslow & Broughton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ah now, a bad start would be 12th place, not 17th.

So what does that make 18th? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Nonsense.

You only wish to continue peddling that bollox because as one those shouting loudest last season for him to go & blaming him for our problems, this season has shown how truly idiotic you were being.

In the middle of all this turmoil your still running around defending Rafa.

Benitez is not Liverpool manager anymore. let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So what does that make 18th? ;)

Leave me alone.:(:pac:

In the middle of all this turmoil your still running around defending Rafa.

Benitez is not Liverpool manager anymore. let it go.

Not so much defending Rafa, more pointing out that people like you, Rosco & MentalMickey (the hint was in the name) invited this turmoil on the club & were very vocal about it all last season. just pointing out how idiotic you were being, yet yous mocked me over & over again for insisting that what has happened, would happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Here is the same stat from the bbc website:

1700: So Liverpool end a top-flight match round in the bottom three for the first time since 19 September 1964 - where on earth do the Reds go from here?

:pac:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Not so much defending Rafa, more pointing out that people like you, Rosco & MentalMickey (the hint was in the name) invited this turmoil on the club & were very vocal about it all last season. just pointing out how idiotic you were being, yet yous mocked me over & over again for insisting that what has happened, would happen.

We invited the turmoil?? LOL. Thats the stupidest load of crap I've ever read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just happy I can enjoy next weekend as its an International break

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Here is the same stat from the bbc website:

1700: So Liverpool end a top-flight match round in the bottom three for the first time since 19 September 1964 - where on earth do the Reds go from here?

:pac:

yeah Im sure Lineker Hanson and lawson will be using it tonight too on MoTD sigh

We invited the turmoil?? LOL. Thats the stupidest load of crap I've ever read.

how many times did you call for Rafa to be sacked?

you didn't care who replaced him, you just wanted him gone.

now he is, and we're ****ed. he was the one thing keeping the club together and thats quite obvious now.

some people like yourself are now trying to make out the main reason for the mess is the squad he was left, its ****ing comical, you actually couldnt make it up.

there is genuinely a chance we can be relegated with the likes of mascherano, gerrard, carragher, johnson, kuyt, aquilani, benayoun, torres, reina were left when we sacked our previous La Liga & CL league winning manager. and we added the likes of Cole & Meireles etc etc. its ****ing comical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've read a lot of your posts and I honestly think you don't have a clue.

I'm not a Liverpool fan by the way.

I know, you probably think Blackburn will finish ahead of Everton or something but its cool

Advertisement