Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casualty - St. Lukes

Options
  • 03-10-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Having 4 kids means I do frequent the A&E in Kilkenny. The two last times there was hardly anybody, I mean maybe 3 people, and still was there for over 3 hours. Was in London recently and my friend who is a nurse in A&E in London said the turn around would be about 2 hours and the volume of people passing through is abviously a lot higher.

The rest of services I always found great, but that department is something to be desired. has anyone else had similar experiences. I think a letter to the HSE is brewing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

i had to bring my brother out, it took about 40minutes and there were about 3 others there.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

working as a carpenter has meant i've been there on a few occasions. when i was there with a serious cut to two of my fingers i was in straight away and couldnt complain but i was also there because i hit my thumb with a hammer and it swelled up to three times its size, i spent 8 hours sitting in the near empty waiting room waiting to be seen!! eventually i left but i still got a bill?? I think for serious injurys they are very good but otherwise they are a disaster! In fairness tho they only have 5 trolleys out there for the whole of kilkenny and carlow which is a disgrace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There might be other people within the hospital with major issues, I doubt they're sitting around drinking coffee :) Luck of the draw I guess.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Depends I guess... Had to bring my young daughter in there recently after a fall (head injury) and was checked in quickly, seen by nurse(s), junior doctor and 2 senior doctors, all relatively quickly...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭behan29

A/E in London are structured differently to irish A/E, London hospitals can place patients in different areas,ie minors/majors/resus etc etc, there is very few doctors in this country that are specially trained to work in A/E, in the U.K its a career choice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement