Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

'Out of Range' message. No display

• 03-10-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I turned on my Xbox and got a message from the TV saying 'Out of Range'. There is no display but the Xbox seems to be starting up.

I googled this and people say to reset the console using the Y+RT method. I've done this but its done nothing. I've also gone 'blind' through the menus to try and adjust the HDTV settings. Nothing.

I thought it might be the tv so I tried it on another but its still not working. I'm using the component cable and the sound it working fine.

Anyone have any experience with this problem? The console is well out of warranty and I can't afford to have it repaired. Is there a fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is that the component cable with the little HDMI switch on it, where it connects into the 360? If so, could the switch have gotten moved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I've thought that but not working sadly. I've switched it in to both modes and neither work.

It was working fine on Friday night and then when I turned it on on Saturday I got this. Argh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Try get a hdmi cable on loan off a friend and see if it works with it if it does. It means that the component cable or the slot in the xbox is buggered.

There's no HDMI slot in the xbox. Its one of the pre-HDMI models. Pretty sure its not the cable as I've tried a couple of different cables now, as well as 3 TVs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

try resetting your video settings....turn the console on with the controller and as soon as you get flashing lights around the guide button, press and hold Y and the right trigger button

• Advertisement

ciaburkie wrote: »
    try resetting your video settings....turn the console on with the controller and as soon as you get flashing lights around the guide button, press and hold Y and the right trigger button

Cheers for the help but I already tried this, was one of the first things I did. It's all making me think that the console is buggered. Nothing working. Bollocks.

Advertisement