Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sports Presenters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It does piss me off when the pronounce Irish names wrong i.e. Paw-drig harrington.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

DrumSteve wrote: »
    It does piss me off when the pronounce Irish names wrong i.e. Paw-drig harrington.

Thats how I pronounce it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That's how you pronounce Padraig.
    When they call him Pahd-raig, it's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yet people here complain about George Hamilton pronouncing names correctly!

baz2009 wrote: »
    That's how you pronounce Padraig.
    When they call him Pahd-raig, it's wrong.

I thought it was pronounced Paw-rig... no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

In English the English form(Pauric) it's Paw-rik, but in the Irish form you pronounce the D.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

More annoying is their pronounciation of Keith Fahey or is it Keith Faawhee?

Also Drogheda has a silent "g"

baz2009 wrote: »
    In English the English form(Pauric) it's Paw-rik, but in the Irish form you pronounce the D.:)

The more you know...:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

I really dislike sky sports news, only watch it on soccer saturday... Other than that, it is rubbish. I really dont like the way they get irish names wrong, Fahey, Keogh...
    Also does anyone notice how they talk really fast and then all of a sudden really slow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Degag wrote: »
    More annoying is their pronounciation of Keith Fahey or is it Keith Faawhee?

Also Drogheda has a silent "g"
    inmyday wrote: »
    I really dislike sky sports news, only watch it on soccer saturday... Other than that, it is rubbish. I really dont like the way they get irish names wrong, Fahey, Keogh...
    Also does anyone notice how they talk really fast and then all of a sudden really slow?

I sent a Tweet to Chris Kamara asking him to get the SS presenters to pronounce Fahey and Keogh correctly, it's not Faw-hee or Key-oh.

His reply was along the lines of, is it don-kee or donkey, I am never sureLOL.

Smart arse. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

mars bar wrote: »
    I sent a Tweet to Chris Kamara asking him to get the SS presenters to pronounce Fahey and Keogh correctly, it's not Faw-hee or Key-oh.

His reply was along the lines of, is it don-kee or donkey, I am never sureLOL.

Smart arse. :mad:

in fairness that is funny as ****. i love kammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Any one remember Soccer AM a while back where they showed a clip of Georgie Thompson and her co-presenter[can't remember his name, he's not on much, a bit weedy lookin'].
    Anywho, Georgie caught him takin' a snakey peek at her cleavage, she looked a bit surprised, he quickly followed it with a second look.

Tried to find it on youtube there, but no joy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

have to say charlotte jackson's cleavage today was savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

It can be pronounced that way also.

The whole Cahill thing annoys me, they will pronounce every player Kay-hill from now on, whats wrong with Kahill

Crosáidí wrote: »

The whole Cahill thing annoys me, they will pronounce every player Kay-hill from now on, whats wrong with Kahill

Not really. It annoys me when Padraig is pronounced "Padrig" though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Degag wrote: »
    Not really. It annoys me when Padraig is pronounced "Padrig" though.

That's correct. I hate Paw-ric more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Was SHOCKED to find out that this fella from SSN:sam-matterface.jpg

is engaged to this lovely girl from SSN: natalie_sawyer_natalie_sawyer_Ho5Wa7z.sized.jpg

Hope for us all I guess....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Dave147 wrote: »
    That's correct. I hate Paw-ric more than anything.

Paw-drig/ Paw-rig are both correct

Pádraic would be Paw-ric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Charlotte Jackson...

I was distraught when Setanta News went under, then I got better! :D

Understandable

http://imgusr.celebscentral.net/images/users/30086/200928/Charlotte_Jackson%7C8123-20-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

bryanjf wrote: »
    have to say charlotte jackson's cleavage today was savage

she's get some fine big ass titties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Any one remember Soccer AM a while back where they showed a clip of Georgie Thompson and her co-presenter[can't remember his name, he's not on much, a bit weedy lookin'].
    Anywho, Georgie caught him takin' a snakey peek at her cleavage, she looked a bit surprised, he quickly followed it with a second look.

Tried to find it on youtube there, but no joy!!
    Sunset V wrote: »
    Was SHOCKED to find out that this fella from SSN:sam-matterface.jpg

is engaged to this lovely girl from SSN: natalie_sawyer_natalie_sawyer_Ho5Wa7z.sized.jpg

Hope for us all I guess....

That's the dude who was glaring at Georgie Thompsons breasts too! Little bollix! Sam Matterface his name is. God I love Natalie Sawyer. I get lost in her eyes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

inmyday wrote: »
    Crosáidí wrote: »

I was just goin to say the Cahill thing too, even people i know now call them Kay-hill, really bugs me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Georgie Thompson on a league of their own proves that she knows more about sports than most fellas.

I wish there was at least one sexy male SSN presenter for us ladies to oogle over.
    There is something cute about Scott Minto and something about Paul Walsh and his cockney accent, but other that that I am struggling.

help me out here girls.

OH and as for them pronouncing names of players, how hard is it for some of them to say David Villa (Dah-vid Vee Ah)
    I would hate if someone pronounced my name wrong, using "but Im saying it in english" as an excuse. your name is your name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

SarahBM wrote: »
    Georgie Thompson on a league of their own proves that she knows more about sports than most fellas.

I wish there was at least one sexy male SSN presenter for us ladies to oogle over.
    There is something cute about Scott Minto and something about Paul Walsh and his cockney accent, but other that that I am struggling.

help me out here girls.

OH and as for them pronouncing names of players, how hard is it for some of them to say David Villa (Dah-vid Vee Ah)
    I would hate if someone pronounced my name wrong, using "but Im saying it in english" as an excuse. your name is your name.

Agree Sarah, there is a lack of good looking men on SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

All the presenters on Sky Sports News are average sensation monkeys at best, some intensely unlikeable individuals like Matterface and Thomas.

The only two presenters who display a modicum of intelligence are Natalie Sawyer and Alex Hammond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Aidric wrote: »
    All the presenters on Sky Sports News are average sensation monkeys at best, some intensely unlikeable individuals like Matterface and Thomas.

The only two presenters who display a modicum of intelligence are Natalie Sawyer and Alex Hammond.

All the monkeys need to do is read off a script and look at the camera and look good, reporting on football isn't exactly Newsnight or Primetime ffs.

Speaking of which i'd like to argue that SSN do away with the male-female combo and stick exclusively with pretty ladies presenting from the studio, Except of course for Stelling and the biys when games are on.

All the monkeys need to do is read off a script and look at the camera and look good, reporting on football isn't exactly Newsnight or Primetime ffs.

Speaking of which i'd like to argue that SSN do away with the male-female combo and stick exclusively with pretty ladies presenting from the studio, Except of course for Stelling and the biys when games are on.

Mmmmm, a Georgie and Charlotte combo..... think i'm going to hit the shower....:p

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

mars bar wrote: »
    Agree Sarah, there is a lack of good looking men on SSN.
    Also any with charisma or general cop on.

Look at a few of them

Ed Chamberlain : Most boring, dull useless cock of a presenter ever.

Simon Thomas: Get some personality you Blue Peter robot

Jim White: **** and also:
    On 29 November 2007, White, who is known for his support of Rangers FC,[2] was heard making unguarded mocking remarks about fans of Celtic when they were singing Irish folk song The Fields of Athenry. White believed he was not on air and remarked "Oh here we go again, the tottie famine" and his colleague and former Celtic striker Charlie Nicholas followed up by saying "Aye, and they're all eating chips and singing this" in reference to the Irish Potato Famine.

They are all disgustingly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Pervert.

One or two are alright to look at, but they dont have to talk. :D

for example
    %20target=_blank%3Esimonthomas.jpgsimonthomas.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

charlotte_jackson_8_medium.jpg?1261587304
    4319_104465869738_102079024738_2657179_2346259_n.jpg

/thread

anyone know the name of the Irish girl with the long blonde hair? she is usually on in the morning time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

SarahBM wrote: »
    anyone know the name of the Irish girl with the long blonde hair? she is usually on in the morning time.

Rachel Wyse

rachel-wyse.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Sunset V wrote: »
    Rachel Wyse

rachel-wyse.jpg

Yeah she's a ride and her Irish accent sounds class. I also love Milly Clode, I think she's my favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Yeah she's a ride and her Irish accent sounds class. I also love Milly Clode, I think she's my favourite

If you loved her so much you'd know it is Millie, not Milly. :rolleyes:

:)
    I think Millie and Natalie Sawyer are my top 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Fizman wrote: »
    If you loved her so much you'd know it is Millie, not Milly. :rolleyes:

:)
    I think Millie and Natalie Sawyer are my top 2.

Oops! Well if you google Milly Clode her pics still show up, I never checked the spelling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Charlotte Jackson and Hayley McQueen are the only two nice ones. Millie Clode is alri too I suppose. The rest aren't great to look at, at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Brian Swanson has the most punchable face in the history of television.

bryan-swanson-1065.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No the Scottish guy does. Hate his over-pronunciation aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Le King wrote: »
    Charlotte Jackson and Hayley McQueen are the only two nice ones. Millie Clode is alri too I suppose. The rest aren't great to look at, at all.

Not great to look at, are you having a laugh? I'd really like to go to a bar where Georgie Thompson and Natalie Sawyer are classed as not great to look at :eek:

Also, I love Rachel Wyse's accent, about time we had our own hottie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Not great to look at, are you having a laugh? I'd really like to go to a bar where Georgie Thompson and Natalie Sawyer are classed as not great to look at :eek:

It would probably have to be The George.

I hate Rachel Wyse's accent. It grates at me, i can only imagine what the Brits think. But the mute button works a treat and then she comes into her own.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Hayley McQueen is Gordon McQueen's daughter. She must get her looks from the mother!

For me Scott Minto and Steve Claridge deserve a punch far more!

Sorry forgot about Georgie. She is hot. Not Natalie, she's alri. Rachel Wyse is ugly tho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I want hot male presenters, Jamie's lovely, just don't let him speak!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

red2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

I can't believe i actually just googled "Jeff Stelling Hot"!!

Jeff-Stelling-holding-gui-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

nice

68036_164336956926416_147330751960370_521139_6512717_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That's a good result for Glamorgan

• Advertisement
Advertisement