Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gilera DNA 50 Help!

• 03-10-2010 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Dotzy,

Will you help me with this please?:confused:
    I just bought a Gilera DNA this morning.
    Now, I DON'T know how to lock up the seat & the helmet storage box.
    The seller did show me how to open it: to open the box,we turn the key to the left. to unlock the seat, we turn the key to the right.

It seemed easy when it was shown. But now, I cant lock them back. :o:(

When I tried to do it first time, the key slot was to the left, ie in position to lock/unlock the box. So, I tried to turn it to the right, to try to lock/unlock the seat. Now, it has stucked to the right. Argh.:( Thats the best I can describe it.

Bike shops close on sunday.:(

Please help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Try a small bit of WD40 in the ignition, they can get a bit fiddly after a while WD40 should free it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 agon86

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Try a small bit of WD40 in the ignition, they can get a bit fiddly after a while WD40 should free it up.

Will try. Thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Left to unlock the box...right to unlock the seat, and a bloody good push down to lock both.

Gilera are not very good at aligning all the parts on their bikes.

I'd use a little silicon oil instead of WD40. Lasts longer and doesn't dissolve any rubber parts it might come in contact with.

P.S. Should have gone for the 125cc...similar insurance and much more fun.

P.S. Should have gone for the 125cc...similar insurance and much more fun.

Hi CrazyRabbit.
    Many thanks for you advice.

Ye, i know. 50 cc hasnt got much power. But its really hard to find a 125 in Dublin for under 1000euros. There are a lot of them in Belfast for around GBP 600-800.
    But, none of the seller agreed to deliver the bike to dublin for less than gbp200.:(

Then I found this DNA50 for 500 in dublin, so I just grabbed it. biggrin.gif

How much do you reckon the insurance will cost me? I hear that it will cost me around 1000. :eek: Thats more expensive than the bike itself.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 maciek.

lads I have brand new 125cc bike under 1k euros on adverts, u don't know how to search :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

agon86 wrote: »
    Hi Dotzy,

Will you help me with this please?:confused:
    I just bought a Gilera DNA this morning.
    Now, I DON'T know how to lock up the seat & the helmet storage box.
    The seller did show me how to open it: to open the box,we turn the key to the left. to unlock the seat, we turn the key to the right.

It seemed easy when it was shown. But now, I cant lock them back. :o:(

When I tried to do it first time, the key slot was to the left, ie in position to lock/unlock the box. So, I tried to turn it to the right, to try to lock/unlock the seat. Now, it has stucked to the right. Argh.:( Thats the best I can describe it.

Bike shops close on sunday.:(

Please help.

I think as you close the lid on the helmet storage/petrol tank space the key should already be turned left, when you close the lid you turn the key towards the right, to say 12 o clock, i don't think you turn it fully to the right because that unlocks the seat. The seat was a bugger to get locked on mine, though there is probably an easy way to do it!!

Had a 125 one of these for a few months but sold it on, without putting a mile on it, as my recovery from a rta took longer than expected and it didnt make sense to keep 2 bikes while i was off the road.
    I bought a haynes manual from micksgarage for about €24, i think, tis ahandy thing to have if you want to learn your way around the bike- or ask your local library to order it in for you. They did that for me for my sr125:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

How much do you reckon the insurance will cost me? I hear that it will cost me around 1000. :eek: Thats more expensive than the bike itself.:(
    Why didn't you check this before buying? It takes about 2 mins to get a quote from Quinn's website.

Hi CrazyRabbit.
    Many thanks for you advice.

Ye, i know. 50 cc hasnt got much power. But its really hard to find a 125 in Dublin for under 1000euros. There are a lot of them in Belfast for around GBP 600-800.
    But, none of the seller agreed to deliver the bike to dublin for less than gbp200.:(

Then I found this DNA50 for 500 in dublin, so I just grabbed it. biggrin.gif

Insurance depends on many factors. Age, sex(male or female!), location and number of years with NCB are the biggest factors after the make/model of bike.

Insurance could be about €1000 if you are a young male and have no NCB (No Claims Bonus).

Whatever you spend on insurance though, don't forgot to spend some money on decent protective gear and some training. Both are absolute lifesavers. And remember, a €50 lid for a €50 head!

@Maciek:No, I was looking for either Gilera DNA 125cc under €1000. :p

@AgileMyth: I already knew that. thats why i tried to get a bike as cheapest as possible. Insurance in Ireland costs a bomb like!

@CrazyRabbit: Thanks again for your help.

It looks like im gonna have to spend like im a 16 yo, even though i m 24 and already got Full Driving Licence (not from Ireland obviously)

Oh for your info, this is not the first bike i have owned. I owned one of these until 4 years ago before I came to dublin:
    http://www.gekgo.com/images/mz-rx50-scooter.jpg
    shes really fast,125cc..and beatiful as well..:)the name is Moskito.. she looks like mosquito :p

@Maciek:No, I was looking for either Gilera DNA 125cc under €1000. :p

@AgileMyth: I already knew that. thats why i tried to get a bike as cheapest as possible. Insurance in Ireland costs a bomb like!

@CrazyRabbit: Thanks again for your help.

It looks like im gonna have to spend like im a 16 yo, even though i m 24 and already got Full Driving Licence (not from Ireland obviously)

Oh for your info, this is not the first bike i have owned. I owned one of these until 4 years ago before I came to dublin:
    http://www.gekgo.com/images/mz-rx50-scooter.jpg
    shes really fast,125cc..and beatiful as well..:)the name is Moskito.. she looks like mosquito :p

Age 24 with a full European Motorcycle license should cut the insurance costs down quite a bit. It's the 22's and under with provisional licences that the insurance companies really hate. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement