Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy Blank Decks

Options
  • 03-10-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Where can i buy Blank Decks or a cheap non-signature deck? I'm guessing non-signature will be cheaper these days. I needs to be Canadian maple 7 ply or similar (i.e. not chipboard) though, i dont want one that will fall apart in the rain. It would need to have a concave too, nothing too serious but just a blank of wood kicked up on each end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Has anyone ever used any of these websites?

www.blankdecks.com
    www.completeblankskateboards.com
    www.skatepaige.com
    www.blankdealer.com

This one looks sweet for $13.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I really wouldn't be bothered to be honest, unless you HAVE TO save money or something. There's a reason those decks are so cheap. I can't skate em, they feel ****ed. Just get the cheapest deck from any skateshop and you'll be grand

I really wouldn't be bothered to be honest, unless you HAVE TO save money or something. There's a reason those decks are so cheap. I can't skate em, they feel ****ed. Just get the cheapest deck from any skateshop and you'll be grand

I have skated blanks loads of times though, they are absolutely the same. Obviously you have to make sure its 7 ply maple but then they are the same as any other board. Cut from the same trees, veneer is the exact same, same resin to glue them, pressed the same, dipped/stained the same, packaged the same and shipped off to whatever part of the globe probably with the same shipping companies. Shipped to shops and companies who will screen print each one and say its their own and charge you twice the price.

As regards signature decks, being honest i couldn't give a monkeys about some dude from the US who has a board out cos he's skating for some company from the US who expect me to have some sort of loyalty towards them and i'll never see them again.

If its the same board, pressed by the same company where ever, then who cares if its got a funny logo on it thats gonna be wrecked in a few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Cork Skate wrote: »
    I have skated blanks loads of times though, they are absolutely the same. Obviously you have to make sure its 7 ply maple but then they are the same as any other board. Cut from the same trees, veneer is the exact same, same resin to glue them, pressed the same, dipped/stained the same, packaged the same and shipped off to whatever part of the globe probably with the same shipping companies. Shipped to shops and companies who will screen print each one and say its their own and charge you twice the price.

As regards signature decks, being honest i couldn't give a monkeys about some dude from the US who has a board out cos he's skating for some company from the US who expect me to have some sort of loyalty towards them and i'll never see them again.

If its the same board, pressed by the same company where ever, then who cares if its got a funny logo on it thats gonna be wrecked in a few weeks anyway.
    The big companies generally make their own decks. I couldn't care less about buying a pro deck either, it's just that generally they are qualitay
    The point I was making is that I find blank decks to be of much poorer quality than decks made by "real" companies. But if you go through decks fast then I spose blanks would be grand. I can't really recommend any blanks cos I don't really like them, sorry

The big companies generally make their own decks. I couldn't care less about buying a pro deck either, it's just that generally they are qualitay
    The point I was making is that I find blank decks to be of much poorer quality than decks made by "real" companies. But if you go through decks fast then I spose blanks would be grand. I can't really recommend any blanks cos I don't really like them, sorry

Ahh right, sorry i didn't know what you meant. I take the point that the companies that press the boards might not make them to the same quality as pro boards. I think it would just be trail and error to find out which ones are good. It think its a case of taking a punt on them, looking to see what are the best ones when choosing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement